Security Installer Community

BT Home Monitor VP1000 problem

AL46

I have a BT Home Monitor VP1000 which started to beep a few days ago (3 per minute) but with no fault registered. I checked the manual and tried to switch off for 4 hours but did ot work. It also ays in the manual that it will not beep at night but it does. I have now switch off at the mains and also disconnected the battery and it is still beeping. It is driving me and the family nuts! Any ideas to resolve the problem?

• datadiffusion changed the title to BT Home Monitor VP1000 problem
8 hours ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

A non- related battery powered smoke alarm?

8 hours ago, datadiffusion said:

Suspect it is your smoke alarm

id go with the above, the intruder alarm is always first suspect but often isnt

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

im sure many maintainers have calls for the same when its battery powered stand alone devices, smoke alarms, alarm clocks in draws, heating systems. I even had a call to 'music coming from all rooms with a pir' turned out it was her birthday and she was walking round with a singing birthday card

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, james.wilson said:

id go with the above, the intruder alarm is always first suspect but often isnt

You are all right it was the smoke alarm - situated close to the intruder alarm control box so difficult to differentiate betwenn the 2 especially with my hearing. Thanks all

10 hours ago, AL46 said:

You are all right it was the smoke alarm - situated close to the intruder alarm control box so difficult to differentiate betwenn the 2 especially with my hearing. Thanks all

you not the first and wont be the last dont worry glad your sorted

6 hours ago, datadiffusion said:

Thanks for fessing up ?

qfa few do

1 hour ago, PeterJames said:

Do you remember the bloke who was insisting it was his alarm and it turned out to be his mobile phone low battery. 

The other sunday, blokes ringing me cause his alarm is ringing outside,

he got 2 x delta bells, the one at front is ringing....

I assume its the heat popped the tamper.....I can hear in in the back ground, it does sound kinda like the ewd.

nope its his caravan alarm, 

Mr? Veritas God

sia one had a 'your alarm is having issues our we called electrician cant fix it' one today. Told we are only supporting customers with active support contracts at this time. But ive been a customer for years, installed in 93 never serviced, never had a support contract. In my eyes not a 'customer'.

Its a 1600 with a system voltage problem. Im not suprised

18 minutes ago, james.wilson said:

sia one had a 'your alarm is having issues our we called electrician cant fix it' one today. Told we are only supporting customers with active support contracts at this time. But ive been a customer for years, installed in 93 never serviced, never had a support contract. In my eyes not a 'customer'.

Its a 1600 with a system voltage problem. Im not suprised

maint & mon invoiced in march, still open on the ledger

subscriber is reluctantly willing to pay the mon but not the maint until we have do the visit

I'm happy to do this today, they don't want anyone on site

can not understand they are receiving the principal benefit which is service on demand

the other issue is we invoice them in the due month, rather than waiting until we'd done the job,

they sold their co. for a few million & like to moan at me about a couple of hundred quid

people think I'm a bitter man, but to be honest I prefer a lager

Mr? Veritas God

The maint visit is one thing, seperate charge if need be, the telephone and on site support is different. Most if not all alarm Co's charge for a combined visit and support. 

If need be seperate the 2.if you called your it support due to a problem with no support contract it would be a very short call

21 hours ago, MrHappy said:

The other sunday, blokes ringing me cause his alarm is ringing outside,

he got 2 x delta bells, the one at front is ringing....

I assume its the heat popped the tamper.....I can hear in in the back ground, it does sound kinda like the ewd.

nope its his caravan alarm, 

I remember being on call (a few years ago now )for A N other co, and getting a call from the operator someone trying to reverse call, I refused (as I was not the bill payer) I then get a call direct from a chap pissed that I refused his reverse charge call, I explained that I am not the bill payer and that I was not authorised to make charged calls. He then went on to tell me that my alarm was ringing, so i went to my keypad and then outside and said, "no its not" he said yes it is listen I could hear a faint ewd in the background. I said thats not my alarm? he said its got your number on it. I went on to explain that it has the alarm companies number on it not mine, and if its ringing then he should call the police as its a burglar alarm and there maybe a burglar. He asked me to come and stop it, I said firstly I cant do that because I would be trespassing, secondly because I dont work for free and there would be a charge, and if you dont like paying for phone calls you certainly wont like paying my charge, with that he put the phone down 

• Upvote 2

• 3 months later...
37 minutes ago, Hugh201 said:

BT are ****! They do not care about their Customers who invested in their Systems selling them on to ther who cannot support! BT are faceless and DO NOT respond to any questions regarding this!

have you considered therapy?

• Upvote 2

Mr? Veritas God

As above it was many years ago I'd assume the same thing will happen with ring blink etc. Also iirc it was a Motorola rebadge from a visonic unit with firmware that could only use their service sold at a discount on product hardware cost to recoup on the service. Plus to be a customer you must be paying bt to be one? 

11 hours ago, Hugh201 said:

BT are ****! They do not care about their Customers who invested in their Systems selling them on to ther who cannot support! BT are faceless and DO NOT respond to any questions regarding this!

All these big companies are the same Scottish Power, AO, Virgin Media, in fact most telecom companies. I always try to use a smaller reputable company, I look for accreditation and then check out the accreditation too just to be sure I have a come back. (Check-A Trade is not an accreditation). My advice would be to look for a smaller company you will get someone who cares about their reputation as long as you dont go for the cheapest you can find. 

I still don't see how you can slag BT off out of context. This thread is about a product they probably don't even remember they put there name on as a rebranded product.

If we are talking about as a teleco company when we say "systems" then they don't have anything to do with the network any more it's all Openreach now, that wasn't their doing.

With domestic services like this it often comes down to cost, it's so easy to compare prices now and they pretty much provide all the same thing.

Only need to speak to them if you have an issue and from what I gather BT are fairly decent on the customer services front when it comes to complaints (OFCOM).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

I still don't see how you can slag BT off out of context. This thread is about a product they probably don't even remember they put there name on as a rebranded product.

If we are talking about as a teleco company when we say "systems" then they don't have anything to do with the network any more it's all Openreach now, that wasn't their doing.

With domestic services like this it often comes down to cost, it's so easy to compare prices now and they pretty much provide all the same thing.

Only need to speak to them if you have an issue and from what I gather BT are fairly decent on the customer services front when it comes to complaints (OFCOM).

What you mean wasn't there doing ?