Security Installer Community

Dialer not resetting on android

Sdgservices

Hi,

Looking for some advice regarding an SL dialler thats connected to our alarm system. Stopped resetting when switched mobile phones.

Dialler reset perfectly fine before we switched from iPhones to android. The engineer has also tried to reset with landline but still no joy. Will only reset with iphone, not with a samsung phone, strange??

Any feedback/solution would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Just had a Menvier SD3 GSM dialler go runaway on me, lucky there was only ten quid left on the SIM (customers responsibility) still haven't quite worked out what happened as no alarm externally or other alarm event and fine after reset.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

16 hours ago, Sdgservices said:

Hi,

Looking for some advice regarding an SL dialler thats connected to our alarm system. Stopped resetting when switched mobile phones.

Dialler reset perfectly fine before we switched from iPhones to android. The engineer has also tried to reset with landline but still no joy. Will only reset with iphone, not with a samsung phone, strange??

Any feedback/solution would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Op sleeping?

Need more info, what you mean resetting?

Sorry people for the late reply, working night shift ?

Yes Mr Happy that's similar to the one I have. When I say resetting I mean cancel the alarm after a trigger, this is usually completed with a short message, then pressing *, followed by an acceptance tone to know its cancelled, hope that makes sense. When switching phones was still on the same network, EE.

You said that you can't clear down if it calls a landline, I would be starting to diagnose from there to make sure that is correct.

I have known some devices not to sent DTMF while in a call, you have to go to another menu or need some third party app to enable this.

If it requires an app this may have it's own controls in settings or require your volume to be higher, will difffer from device to device.

Making sure landline to landline (or even the old Iphone) works first would rule out a fault elsewhere.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

You said that you can't clear down if it calls a landline, I would be starting to diagnose from there to make sure that is correct.

I have known some devices not to sent DTMF while in a call, you have to go to another menu or need some third party app to enable this.

If it requires an app this may have it's own controls in settings or require your volume to be higher, will difffer from device to device.

Making sure landline to landline (or even the old Iphone) works first would rule out a fault elsewhere.

They said it works on the old iphone?

Yes only works on the old iPhone 6. PeterJames, when you say "they" who are you referring too? Does this mean I have to upgrade the dialler so I works with our samsung S9 mobiles?

It's a great cheap feature to have on system, especially when we are away.

26 minutes ago, Sdgservices said:

Yes only works on the old iPhone 6. PeterJames, when you say "they" who are you referring too? Does this mean I have to upgrade the dialler so I works with our samsung S9 mobiles?

I was replying to SWB, (Which is why I quoted him) I meant that you had said in your original post that it worked on your old iphone. 

13 hours ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

I was replying to this statement in particular 

2 hours ago, Sdgservices said:

What happens when you switch the phone quickly to speaker phone and then press * (once after each beep )

4 minutes ago, Sdgservices said:

It won't reset dialler with speaker on or off, we've tried both ways ?

To much hassle 

Get new alarm system with an app or new phone 

Done deal , fanito , khalaas , done 

Or get a dog as Mr H says

9 hours ago, james.wilson said:

On a serious note I assumed diallers would be immune from IP core changes, it appears they may not be

But these diallers have this issue 

Sometimes networks does this , seen it many times , your pressing the button but it's not stopping and them suddenly it will work 

10 hours ago, james.wilson said:

On a serious note I assumed diallers would be immune from IP core changes, it appears they may not be

Yeah dialers will be obsolete when they do the changeover, unless you plug it directly into the router 

16 minutes ago, PeterJames said:

Yeah dialers will be obsolete when they do the changeover, unless you plug it directly into the router 

So will the cheap GSM diallers , most payasyou rates are more expensive than renting an app or having a free app in some cases 

im not so sure, id say diallers will mostly still function, digi's im less sure about. But imho we shouldnt be using old tech for alarm signalling. id expect a shift to single path sim / dualpath bb and sim for everything going forward. I dont use the built in pstn on my hkc at home etc

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

9 hours ago, james.wilson said:

im not so sure, id say diallers will mostly still function, digi's im less sure about. But imho we shouldnt be using old tech for alarm signalling. id expect a shift to single path sim / dualpath bb and sim for everything going forward. I dont use the built in pstn on my hkc at home etc

Something on the hkc , I have seen it not respond odd occasion immediately 

But seems always phone related