Security Installer Community

Accenta G3

Hi all!

I'm hoping I'll get useful information from this forum, because - sad to say - so many forums these days seem to be populated by folks who appear to get a buzz out of taking the p*ss!

So then, can anyone please tell me whether or not I can do major work on my G3 alarm system with remote Accenta keypad by using my owner's code - or do I need the engineer's code?

I need to extend some wiring and replace a PIR sensor and also add a couple of magnetic door contacts.

I ask, because the guy who fitted our system has major health-issues and is no longer able to help.

Hoping for serious replies. ?

Kindest regards
George.

Its likely someone will take the pee here but its banter ignore it. We almost encourage it here, not because we think people who come here seeking help deserve it, but because these forums would be very boring if there was no humour.

You will need the engineer code to program your alarm panel. There are other companies out there other than the guy that fitted it (just saying ) 

Some companies will be happy to take it over and commission the work that you have done , ie you run the cables in readiness, they come along and connect the end up. 

53 minutes ago, George351 said:

Hoping for serious replies. ?

Get another engineer , plenty about and easy to deal with basic system.

If your planning to do it yourself , unlikely you come under competent diyer because this panel with its manual can be done by a competent diyer 

In anycase get a local engineer will be cheaper 

1 hour ago, George351 said:

So many forums these days seem to be populated by folks who appear to get a buzz out of taking the p*ss!

So then, can anyone please tell me whether or not I can do major work on my G3 alarm system with remote Accenta keypad by using my owner's code - or do I need the engineer's code?

If your looking for a security forum with no pisstaking.... you've made the wrong choice

You'll need an eng code to make programming changes to your system, a 1/2 decent alarm monkey could probably move all your devices about with just a customer code

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Mr? Veritas God

you will be able to do most things 

8 hours ago, George351 said:

I need to extend some wiring and replace a PIR sensor and also add a couple of magnetic door contacts.

you should be able to do that, you will get tampers etc but you can silence with the user code. 

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

2 hours ago, james.wilson said:

you will be able to do most things 

you should be able to do that, you will get tampers etc but you can silence with the user code. 

I would reccomend that if someone says you should upgrade ignore them as accenta panels are basic but VERY reliable 

11 minutes ago, Logan said:

I would reccomend that if someone says you should upgrade ignore them as accenta panels are basic but VERY reliable 

I rip them out & stamp on them as they are ungraded ?

• Like 1

Mr? Veritas God