Security Installer Community

Rocks1001

Rocks1001

30 minutes ago, datadiffusion said:

Depends what you are plugging in; see for Z-Wave lights these are great, because they look like the switches they replace so manual override is intuitive.

Work perfectly with Fibaro and many others as per the table on the website. Getting hold of them though, can be interesting at the mo.

http://www.swiid.com/en/produits.html#SwiidInter

spacer.png

All my non light switch lights like the mood lights are low voltage, and either come with RF or IR control so I can turn the room blue, or dim the lights via my broadlink and alexa without the need to switch on a plug 

I did think about one in the kitchen for the kettle, but the kettle never has any water in it as we only fill it up with the amount we need, and never refill it straight after use. I nearly bought an app kettle, because it tells me how full it is, but that wont help as Iit still want have water in it so it will only tell me what I already know, I need a app kettle that fills itself.  

Ive thought about this a fair bit and I just cant think of any use for a wireless socket 

Yeah I've got a couple of rooms with RGBW hidden strips but these too have lightswitch style controls, push on-off, double push=return to favourite colour, hold=cycle through favourites - or use app obvs.

I'm really not into the voice control but when the rest of the house is finished I'll definately have more of a go at programming some more comprehensive cause / effect / time etc... driven automation.

The only places I have used sockets are for a radio in the kitchen (comes on at 0700, off at 2300, for burglar detterent and dog!), a lamp in the snug where there is only a small mainly decorative wall light so the table

lamp comes on with the wall switched wall light (both dimmable) and will be doing similar in the new lounge/dining room for a standard lamp. That's it really.

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

33 minutes ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

Instead of messing about with old alarm tat you could be building yourself a Fuz drift trike....

They are pricy tho for what they are

Agreed, a friend has the quooker (sp) one and it's good but we don't use it enough to justify it, I only drink a few drinks @ home and mainly use the bean to cup machine we have.

Although I was tempted with this one when it was on offer @ £270 a couple of weeks ago.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Looks very predictably chinoise - they fitted a £2000 commercial one at the station a few years back, total waste of money it wasn't properly serviced and creamed in.

As did the replacement tabletop boiler (also not cheap and not Chinese)

We've just been donated a load of applicances from Beko, proper Argos tat, oh dear ?

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands