Security Installer Community

Rocks1001

Rocks1001

11 hours ago, PeterJames said:

I imported the light switch's from China I used to buy a lot of CCTV directly I buy very little now. There are a few different ones on ebay, but most dont do two way for hall and landing where you need to switch either light from upstairs or downstairs for example. The ones I imported  have a wireless switch that looks the same as the normal switches, so rooms that have two light switch's have a wireless one at one end.  

Mine are similar to the Sonoff switches https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sonoff-T3-EU-1Gang-Smart-WiFi-Wireless-Touch-Switch-Wall-Light-Remote/293588175534?hash=item445b380aae:m:mKb5butd_BuZhQ7hDIl-K6Q

Yeh I looked at a few switches from China but still can’t find any ones with dimmer functionality in the actually switch, only Lightwave seem to have that functionality but don’t want to go down route, too expensive, also ideally want switches to match sockets but there is even less choice regarding smart sockets ?‍♂️ 

you could use these for straight switches

https://sonoff.tech/product/wifi-diy-smart-switches/sonoff-mini

but id change them into their other mode to keep privacy etc

look into home assistant to do it all yourself

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

unfortunately your only choice in prosumer world is texecom with their sockets

however this might be your issue

but don’t want to go down route, too expensive, 

what is too expensive?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

18 minutes ago, james.wilson said:

unfortunately your only choice in prosumer world is texecom with their sockets

however this might be your issue

what is too expensive?

Lightwave option is expensive, just want to find a smart dimmer with matching smart sockets, can’t seem to find a company that does both

21 minutes ago, james.wilson said:

id say the lightwave option is cheap its a 1 way tech that is horrible to keep reliable. But are you looking at £15 and a plug in device or are you looking to do it properly?

Well I don’t really like proprietary protocol it uses also, but I think spending £60 a socket that looks rather bland isn’t great value, others may disagree ?‍♂️ I think something around the £30 is reasonable if it’s looks modern.

Depends what you are plugging in; see for Z-Wave lights these are great, because they look like the switches they replace so manual override is intuitive.

Work perfectly with Fibaro and many others as per the table on the website. Getting hold of them though, can be interesting at the mo.

http://www.swiid.com/en/produits.html#SwiidInter

spacer.png

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands