Security Installer Community

Galaxy Flex 20 comms errors

I have a galaxy flex 20 in my house with a a083 comms board which was all ok until last week but I have a comms error now

arc fail but I can still remotely connect via the Honeywell app, set and unset etc. I have tried a reset in menu 51 but it still comes back, hb fail com 1, comm fail arc and com fail rec 1   any ideas?

thanks

It's trying to send events to the free Honeywell push notifications server. You'll need to contact your installer to understand the issue. Honeywell don't deal with the public and their support is limited.   I run Selfmon, and can help with that, but not the Honeywell push issues.

I installed it myself but do you know if the IP address has changed everything else is ok, my ddns has changed, internet connection is ok and dhcp reservation is still valid I’m not to concerned about the events but it’s the bleeping and the faint on the keypad, I have read a lot of your previous posts about this but can’t seem to clear it.

For Honeywell’s server I meant

2 hours ago, Nova-Security said:

There was a Tech bulletin from Honeywell a few weeks back about them changing servers and details needed updating.

I thought it was the app that generates the IP address? So you wouldn't need to update the panel as such 

50 minutes ago, hargybhoy said:

Randomly the panel restarted itself 3 times last night as well during the night, psu and battery are all ok

there is something very wrong it shouldnt be doing that

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

1 hour ago, hargybhoy said:

Randomly the panel restarted itself 3 times last night as well during the night, psu and battery are all ok

You haven't done the connections right or this is some second hand panel you bought?

Or maybe a short 

No the panel was new but on 3.14 firmware, spoke to honey well and they said the IP address for the arc notifications has changed so just waiting on the email, regarding the reset it’s doesn’t seem to have happened since last night but it’s been working fine for a while until this comms issue

On 25/05/2020 at 22:25, GalaxyGuy said:

It's trying to send events to the free Honeywell push notifications server. You'll need to contact your installer to understand the issue. Honeywell don't deal with the public and their support is limited.   I run Selfmon, and can help with that, but not the Honeywell push issues.

Im on Honeywells website 

Thanks guys for your help I spoke with them today and they have confirmed this and gave me the new server ip if your using push notifications. Also Had to default the panel to clear the reset issue tech support seemed to understand the issue.

5 minutes ago, hargybhoy said:

Thanks guys for your help I spoke with them today and they have confirmed this and gave me the new server ip if your using push notifications. Also Had to default the panel to clear the reset issue tech support seemed to understand the issue.

What's new IP 

If you've got an old A083-00-01 module in that panel, it can cause the panel to reboot if there are network issues.  Try syn-flooding the panel network port... Quite a bad bug, especially with a Dimension, as the older E080-4 has the same issue...  The A083-00-02,  A083-00-10, E080-8 and E080-10 don't suffer from the issue.

Also, with more recent firmware on the Flex, you can suppress any comm's issues in menu 51.  If you use SelfMon or another ARC, you can leave the path check to them, rather than have the panel beeping all night.

I don't believe that Honeywell's server move is anything to do with security, it's more likely to do with Brexit and Honeywell having to move their infrastructure around.  What a terrible time to implement a change like this, especially when support is limited due to the lockdown.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, GalaxyGuy said:

If you've got an old A083-00-01 module in that panel, it can cause the panel to reboot if there are network issues.  Try syn-flooding the panel network port... Quite a bad bug, especially with a Dimension, as the older E080-4 has the same issue...  The A083-00-02,  A083-00-10, E080-8 and E080-10 don't suffer from the issue.

Also, with more recent firmware on the Flex, you can suppress any comm's issues in menu 51.  If you use SelfMon or another ARC, you can leave the path check to them, rather than have the panel beeping all night.

I don't believe that Honeywell's server move is anything to do with security, it's more likely to do with Brexit and Honeywell having to move their infrastructure around.  What a terrible time to implement a change like this, especially when support is limited due to the lockdown.

Isn't this messy way of doing things , I guess free app means these kind of issue, but more like poor development from Honeywell ? I can imagine if hkc changed it servers and you have to go round updating IP when you should need to do that 

11 hours ago, al-yeti said:

Isn't this messy way of doing things , I guess free app means these kind of issue, but more like poor development from Honeywell ? I can imagine if hkc changed it servers and you have to go round updating IP when you should need to do that 

Yeah, even though the standards dictate that alarm reporting doesn't use DNS, there's nothing stopping the design collecting an updated static pool of addresses from a DNS based server. That's how some companies do it. Still doesn't stop someone performing a ddos attack on their whole pool though. Attackers just need to get into one device to collect all the addresses, then disrupt the whole network.