Security Installer Community

ATS access

Just taken over a couple of ATS systems that have access on a few external doors.   Do these systems not have a timed egress function.  Every one you have to hold the rte and open the door, rte just wired across the lock feed.  Seems like a bodge way of doing it to me. 

1 minute ago, AgsDave said:

Just taken over a couple of ATS systems that have access on a few external doors.   Do these systems not have a timed egress function.  Every one you have to hold the rte and open the door, rte just wired across the lock feed.  Seems like a bodge way of doing it to me. 

Is it wired across the lock feed for sure, did you check? I am not familiar with the ATS systems, but most access control panels have a RTE input. Normally the symptom you describe is because the RTE is wired into the controller as normally closed when it should be normally open or vice versa.

7 hours ago, AgsDave said:

Allot of single door controllers are like this cheaper stuff so don't suprise me on the ats

Slightly surprised there isn't a zone attribute called Rex though, Siemens has both Rex zone and dedicated Rex on the door card iirrc. Not sure about texe?

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

dont know it but even the micromax has an input. Id assume it was wired wrong. Once met someone that thought wiring the breakglass to the rte was better than breaking the power as it allowed for programming!!!

• Like 3

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Thanks for the replies.  Was just curious as to why the rte was inline with the lock feed, and if I was missing something obvious.  They look to be done using a transistor driven relay straight off the reader with data to the panel, And not via a door controller card.