Security Installer Community

Gardtec 816

Im a retired security systems engineer, decided not to get involved in alarm problems on our estate, but my neighbour had an engineer out from a security network to repair his alarm system after an alarm when not set. The engineer said that the battery needed replacing and did so.  My neighbours had no codes, the engineer said that the engineer code was locked so the only way to get a user code was to ##REMOVED## which returned the master code and engineer code to default. The engineer code was locked by the previous company or a power cut?? he said  So that's how it was left. Im not vey familiar  with this panel, installed one years ago but have only tested them in my time . My questions are:-

1. If removing ##REMOVED## returns master code to default, does this mean the engineer code is not locked?

2. What can you do with ##REMOVED## removed, ie can you change the master code or engineer code or do any programming?

3. Neighbour not very happy about this so I will go to see what can be done, will put link back, downpower system and during power up ##REMOVED## to default master code and eng code. Then we will see if the eng code is locked. Does anybody have any other ideas please?

Edited by sixwheeledbeast
Removed defaulting information

We do not allow sharing for defaulting or factory resetting procedures on the forum here. I understand this may make you specific questions difficult to answer.

Normally if the engineers code is locked on a panel the controls will need replacing if one knows the engineers code.

With the engineers code locked defaulting will not work correctly (you will not access engineers) although which bits are cleared I am not certain for Gardtec specifically.

If the engineer defaulted the panel then the engineer code was not locked?  If it had been locked he would not have been able to default it.

I am guessing what happened was that the engineer defaulted the engineer code and the user code. The user just needs to change the code back to whatever they were using before 

6 hours ago, gmusto said:

OK is there a place for more installer questions of this nature?

Won't make no difference , if engineer is locked you can go through the process ,but it won't reset the engineer code , you must replace the panel now 

Which is what you should have done and thought about before doing the job  ;)