Security Installer Community

Eaton Ion-40H Alarm Error - Setting Faults - Front Door Exit

NLondonLem

22 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

I can't see how changing from final door to timed would make a difference

some panels (dont know this one) need to see final door open and close during exit time. If open at the start it wont 'final set' on closing.

timed will ignore door state at start of arm

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

52 minutes ago, james.wilson said:

some panels (dont know this one) need to see final door open and close during exit time. If open at the start it wont 'final set' on closing.

timed will ignore door state at start of arm

Not sure I get you, if it's final door there is no exit time ? Just waits for door to open and close

30 minutes ago, james.wilson said:

not on some they need the door closed at exit start

Ok cool , I haven't seen that or more like while bashing didn't notice 

Good info ?

2 hours ago, al-yeti said:

I can't see how changing from final door to timed would make a difference

If it's intermittent I would change the door contact 

When you set via the app , you unsetting from keypad when you enter ?

Hi I just checked a few settings via the web interface - thanks all for your replies

The zone throwing up the error is the door contact sensor. The hallway PIR is disabled (as it should be)

At my installer's suggestion we had it on Final Door but changed it to Timed Set to see if it was any better

What I don't understand is the intermittent nature of the fault around 10% of the time but it has happened more recently. My installer tested the door contact sensor and thought it was working fine.

It throws up the error when I put in my code and press A to fully arm with the door open (I think it might also do it with closed but can't remember)

Yes when I set via the app, I then unset from the keypad on entry and it's all fine. Picks up the entry as normal when I open the door.

Does anyone know whether any firmware updates have been released for the Ion-40H this year and whether this is a known bug that's been fixed now? My installer spoke with Eaton last Autumn who said they were aware of a bug that could cause this issue and a fix was due towards end of the year then early this year but I don't know whether something has been released yet or if it is definitely a bug as I'd expect a bug in software to more typically cause consistent rather than intermittent behaviour...

Edited by NLondonLem
More info

8 minutes ago, james.wilson said:

no but i dont know or use eaton stuff. If it is a bug then its the maintainer that should update as they are liable for it

I've been struggling to reach my engineer recently and I was looking to get other opinions in case it was something else that had been overlooked to resolve this long-standing issue - thanks

4 minutes ago, NLondonLem said:

I've been struggling to reach my engineer recently

I don't know if you've seen it in the press but there's some sort of pandemic on the go at the moment...

Mr? Veritas God

7 minutes ago, NLondonLem said:

I've been struggling to reach my engineer recently and I was looking to get other opinions in case it was something else that had been overlooked to resolve this long-standing issue - thanks

You would struggle to reach me having the engineer code and asking me to fix it