Security Installer Community

False alarm (pir)

I usually fit the Elites so GDB-0001 but if it's a quad then it's better than non-quad, which I would never fit.

Beam Pair would be excessive IMO, but you could beam pair with the existing instead of buying two.

Still think I wouldn't be throwing money at it until I have an idea what the issue is first.

I was half joking about the pairing but my reasoning is that if I get this then it's potential piece of mind. If that goes off then I know there's a placement issue. If not I have an extra pir to use and if that old one goes off in the new place then I guess I have my answer. 

I don't think I have the patience and clarity of mind to study thr manual to beam pair pirs!

But on a serious note does anyone know that if I set a global bell delay, will that still set off the internal sounder immediately? It says 'this timer controls the delay between an intruder alarm occurring and the bell/strove output activating' which I read to be the case.

The internal siren wakes me up immediately so this would give me a few seconds before the external bell activates. Bad practice I can imagine but until I get this sorted perhaps....