Security Installer Community

iphone 6s dual charger

bjj

Or a friends fancy if-fone... :shrug:

Ideally you would have an isolation point before anything electronic and with lighting you would have a switch, you wouldn't test without isolating bulbs electronics etc, much more awkward with sockets that are part of the installation itself over an accessory that can be isolated.

I have started to see a few USB charging euro/combi plate modules on domestics sharing a double gang with data/phone, more expensive way to do it but keeps things separate from the main installation and you can isolate them without removing the outlets.

Tbf I'm not concerned (should I be?) I've not owned a phone since 1995 and this current S8 thing seems to be great on the battery, the Mrs phone is <£200 and she uses her bedside one (5.4v) to charge 99 percent of the time anyway.

Does the additional 2v really cause that much issue? 

We have a couple of Galaxy Tabs and a kindle that often get charged on it and they are fine tbf. 

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Tolerance of USB 5V is +0.25 nowhere near 7.4

It's a bit like those old scanny or optima panels you go to.

It shouldn't be powering the passives and charging the battery at 14.8V, you know it's likely to let go at some point but couldnt say when, but the customer is happy its setting fine.

I'll be down to the device how well it takes the overvoltage, but this would usually be given off as heat which isn't great for a lithium battery.

These are the modules I am on about, they are rated for a 32A breaker. You would IR test a new installation with them dissed then connect them up, existing job you could IR @250 or dis them to test circuits @500.

Edited by sixwheeledbeast
typo
  • Upvote 1

I've been putting MK USB sockets around the house - I hope they are half decent given the price. Certainly the PSU module looks very well made, and the fact it needs a deep box

is almost reassuring that it was made as well as it could rather than as small as it could.

Interestingly they do now do a slim 25mm version but I actively seek out the 'gold bag' 35mm min depth ones for any rooms left!

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Ah, phew. No I've only used MK USB euromodules in my own house fused via a UPS and in other people's with a Euromodule fuse. The rest are the socket type 

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Any modules after 2014 where fine to take straight of a circuit >32A circuit as per the instructions.

https://www.mkelectric.com/Documents/English/EN%20MK%20Installation%20Manuals/Wiring%20Devices/Logic%20Plus/50078098A%20-%20MK%20USB%20Charger%20Installation%20Manual.pdf

Another thing to note all these devices with USB's built in have a 2 year warranty, even for MK. Whereas other standard outlets are either 10 year or limited lifetime.