Security Installer Community

Scantronic 4600 door contacts not functioning

Johnc

I have checked the wiring and it's ok. If I remove the unit from the wall and take it next to door magnet it does not read it. It is as if the board no longer recognises a magnet. And the scantronic indicates tamper all the time for that zone

My other contacts which are equal all work fine

Thank you

Any advices on a good company and alarm make in west Sussex

I dont want to pay silly money with over inflated prices and sales pitches

Many thanks for all your replies so far

54 minutes ago, Johnc said:

have a ring round, I'm sure you find a dozen companies who are waiting for a big spender like you to call...

This pandemic thing in the news, it will no way discourage anyone from beating a path o your door.

• Upvote 1

Mr? Veritas God

It has a metal clip on the front and a little button on the back which I assume is the tamper. I have placed unit back it its housing so that tamper switches will be pressed in but makes no difference. Sorry what do you mean by "linking everything out"?

Mr Wilson if you could explain a little  it more I could try your suggestion. Kind regards

6 hours ago, Johnc said:

I have checked the wiring and it's ok. If I remove the unit from the wall and take it next to door magnet it does not read it. It is as if the board no longer recognises a magnet. And the scantronic indicates tamper all the time for that zone

My other contacts which are equal all work fine

Thank you

Any advices on a good company and alarm make in west Sussex

Many thanks for all your replies so far

We are in Storrington West sussex but we are not the cheapest company, (we are not the most expensive either) it depends on what you want  but we only supply quality kit which we install professionally.

Not that we will be available for any installation works for some time as our books were full before lockdown, and we have work coming in still everyday.

Oops you said no sales pitches, forget what I said  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Johnc said:

It has a metal clip on the front and a little button on the back which I assume is the tamper. I have placed unit back it its housing so that tamper switches will be pressed in but makes no difference. Sorry what do you mean by "linking everything out"?

Mr Wilson if you could explain a little  it more I could try your suggestion. Kind regards

He means solder a link across all the tamper circuits/switches  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, PeterJames said:

He means solder a link across all the tamper circuits/switches  

No I didnt lol.

I assumed (maybe incorrectly) you had external devices connected to the contact transmitter. If so its those id link out with a bit of wire. Maybe a photo of the unit its decades since ive seen one

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.