Security Installer Community

Scantronic 4600 door contacts not functioning

Johnc

I am looking to buy the board for wireless contact scantronics part 04604uk-55   9d14

They are quite old units. Does anyone have one of these working?

I am happy to purchase complete unit as long as it is working

Or does anyone know anywhere I can purchase it. They were made around 1999

Many thanks

trying to avoid having to replace complete system due to one faulty board.

-1249036472_20200416_153627_2512411_resized_1.jpg

20200422_230722_resized.jpg

20200416_145513_resized_1.jpg

Yes I have soldered new battery 3 days ago and tested it by switching battery dip on.  Unit transmits tamper alarms to 4600 control box, when you move it,but when situated next to a contact it does not activate. Red led does not light up when opening or closing a door.

The fault started by setting the alarm off when it was armed and it showed a tamper alarm for that zone.

Whenever you try to set the alarm you get a red light on that zone to indicate not ready to be alarmed.

If you put alarm on walk test it shows tamper for that zone.

Unit sits on a wall in the middle of a garage controlling 2 separate contacts on doors. It has 4 terminals and as such has 4 cables connected to it (red, yellow, blue and black)

Not sure if there are any generic radio controlled devices transmitting at 173.225mhz with 4 terminals that could be used.

Additionally another option would be a PIR 173.225mhz instead of faulty contact unit. Any ideas?

I would imagine to get a new one working would be to set the dip switches corresponding to the faulty unit.

Other thoughts would be to delete faulty zone altogether on the scantronics 4600, but I am not sure if it is an option or if the system would need a factory reset. I have the stencil and the engineering code.

All else failing would be to replace the entire system. Any recommendations on good quality radio transmitted systems.

Any advice?

Would be very welcomed

Many thanks

2 hours ago, al-yeti said:

You know how to solder?

Oh yes,  my college tutor made me sit a whole day soldering links onto a breadboard until I got it perfect. Before then I was always the first one to finish any project work he gave us, but mine never worked as my soldering was so rubbish. Now my soldering is higher than average, and everything I build works first time, if it doesnt I can be confident that its a faulty component 

• Upvote 1