Security Installer Community

Interesting Old 'Original' Viper

11 minutes ago, Gabs said:

This might be of some interest...

Viper Vibration Sensor. 1986 is the date, so it is 34 years old, well the PCB design is. Shares the same case as the V-Foam 

IMG_2298.jpeg

IMG_2296.jpeg

IMG_2297.jpeg

Nice

Logan will want it lol

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

BNIB?

Yeah, although I never had the instructions for it, not ever connected it up. Interesting box and old logo. 

36 minutes ago, MrHappy said:

I do love the water mark on the pic's...

That's just me :D no particular reason for them 

FML, just bought this Scantronic curiosity...

Since it was never sold as anything else, gawd knows what they paid to have it developed.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Telecom-Security-TSL-705-Model-05500UK-50/383505014989?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

1 hour ago, datadiffusion said:

FML, just bought this Scantronic curiosity...

Since it was never sold as anything else, gawd knows what they paid to have it developed.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Telecom-Security-TSL-705-Model-05500UK-50/383505014989?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Was it Scantronic who originally made those Hexagon bells for Modern?

Thought so, I have an Elmdene one, recently the current user of these boxes has changed the moulding, so the Strobe comes half way up the side now. Don't know what was wrong with the older design 

ADT Bell Box.jpg

I think the timeline goes like this...

Original bell - no strobe at all, complete unit made by Scanny

"Mk II" - space for an optional strobe (cover elongated with a clear lens) which consisted of a separately supplied PCB that slots in (strobe PCB possibly not made by scanny)

"Mk III" - cover still made by scanny?? Possibly not, siren definately made by Elmdene, metal box with built in strobe. Also white models with 'ADT Modern' and Telecom Security branding (most Telecoms dummies). Also Sonitrol / Sentrol?

"Mk IV" - cover made by Elmdene, siren made by Bentel, an Italian division of ADT

Current bell - complete unit made by Elmdene in China, with matching battery dummy, and now also wireless model.

Edited by datadiffusion
  • Upvote 1

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Interesting, either way the new one looks terrible, in comparison. Then again, customers do not care. I have the Mk II version, with a metal backplate and an Elmdene PCB mounted to it, dated 1992. I'd imagine that was made in the UK, but at the end of the day, I guess it is more economically viable to make them in China. I am surprised that there is no manufacturer mentioned on the moulding for the cover though. I can seee how they had a Eurobell in mind when designing this cover, shame that's not made today 

Modern1.jpeg

Modern2.jpeg

Edited by Gabs

5 hours ago, Gabs said:

Interesting, either way the new one looks terrible, in comparison. Then again, customers do not care. I have the Mk II version, with a metal backplate and an Elmdene PCB mounted to it, dated 1992. I'd imagine that was made in the UK, but at the end of the day, I guess it is more economically viable to make them in China. I am surprised that there is no manufacturer mentioned on the moulding for the cover though. I can seee how they had a Eurobell in mind when designing this cover, shame that's not made today 

Modern1.jpeg

Modern2.jpeg

Ah, that's yet another version you've got that I'd forgotten about!

That must fit in between the original Eurobell (as you say the modern and round Eurobell covers are 100% interchangeable) and the Elmdene 'economy' metal box and combined strobe version.

Yes, I am quite interested in these boxes, I nearly bought another on eBay, but that what do I do with them when I have them? They sit in a cupboard collecting dust, although they are an interesting piece of history, so recognisable. Even a lot of eBay listings mention them as being 'Like ADT' or  'The same as ADT' probably one of my favourite boxes, along with the Rapier. 

Wouldn't say no to a white one, just to match my current one. 

Leaving the house at all could potentially aid the spread of the virus... 

Not seen them before, can see why they discontinued it though. Whouldn't want that on my house, it doesn't look very nice. Although it is interesting. 

We've done this one before.

Nearly had it as my bell when I restarted in '05

Discontinued soon after.

Very similar looking to Granley but, apparently, nothing to do with it.

IIRC the people who made those bells for them were a very small eng. firm rather than a security known brand name.

There was an absolute mint very late Securicor Granley bell sheltered in a Maccy D's drive through canopy near Bristol for years.

Turns out it actually WAS the active bell (I'd always though it was the dummy) as it has just been replaced :(