Security Installer Community

Regs on Home Control

11 minutes ago, scrimshanker said:

Hi

Could someone enlighten me on the regs regarding the setting and unsetting of an alarm using a home control system such as Control 4 instead of the keypad of the alarm.

As long as the component doing the disarming meets the component requirements of en 50131 then you can certificate it

• Upvote 1

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Setting time must be a minimum of 30 seconds with the setting alert audible throughout the premises. That’s about I think although no one uses the 30 second thing or the audible throughout the premises parts :lol: 

2 hours ago, scrimshanker said:

is this an oversight as insurance companies must request police response for these houses due to the cost of them and they aren't compliant, or is police response a thing of the past and insurance companies just require key holder?

There is no way to control 3rd party integrations if the provider doesn't have 3rd party certification. Its a want these houses have not a need. Think about what would happen if the system failed to perform. The certification company would be taking all the risk on a system the installer / maintainer has no control over. I believe these integrations rely on engineer level access between them. Any installer doing this without the necessary protection is daft IMHO. 

There is a 'guide' being worked on but the scope is so massive there is no time line if it ever sees the light of day. 

• Upvote 1

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

25 minutes ago, Amps said:

Setting time must be a minimum of 30 seconds with the setting alert audible throughout the premises. That’s about I think although no one uses the 30 second thing or the audible throughout the premises parts :lol: 

That's only for remote arming apps as part of the system IIRC. Third party connections are not going to conform to relevant EN's.

3 hours ago, scrimshanker said:

So they aren't compliant as none of the home control systems out there meet the requirements.

as for Norman, that's the reason this site is not a professional forum and more a boys club!

Can't be I am a rebel 

5 hours ago, scrimshanker said:

that's the reason this site is not a professional forum

edgy...

has your inspectorate published a guide for app's / linking to automation

Edited by MrHappy

Mr? Veritas God