Security Installer Community

Which Honeywell Panel in UK? - Gave up waiting for Konnected.io

sg86sg

Galaxy have always been behind the curve with aesthetics imo, the mk7 is my preferred one, the mk8 looks gash for a modern day bit of kit. 

9600 was awesome by comparison but the recent Texe would be my choice. 

• Upvote 2

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

2 hours ago, Logan said:

Im not really a fan of texecom i do like the veritas though 

My favourite panels are 

Scantronic 

Galaxy 

Pyronix euro series 

This is blag 

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/04/2020 at 12:06, GalaxyGuy said:

I'm currently working on a virtual RIO module as part of something that I want for my own home automation.  I'll sell this for the bigger panels like the FX100+ and GD96 upwards, as they have lots of links available.  The virtual RIO sits on the RS485 bus and will consume 4 addresses, giving 16 outputs and 32 inputs in virtualised form.  On my own system, I currently have lots of outputs programmed to switch lights, heating and garage door Etc, but I either control them from the app, or guard codes.   I've been looking at OpenHab, so would like a way for linked zones with virtualised outputs to provide the OpenHab 'things' with status update calls over IP. There shouldn't be any reason that the virtualised RIO cannot send the calls to any other controller, it's just a matter of the appropriate protocol.

This is basically what some of these other hardware vendors do for Vista, but instead of the compatible device, they physically hook into the existing zones and outputs wiring. This would cause an issue for the Galaxy, as it uses balanced circuits, so any external influence on the circuits would cause problems.  The virtual RIO will only need connected to the bus and an Ethernet connection, so a simple addition. Since the inputs and outputs are programmable, it's entirely up to the person who configures the system as to the level of control allowed. An input call to the virtual RIO could set a zone as active and in turn fire another physical panel output, or set the system. Basically anything that the panel is capable of.  For me, I think the timers and sequence based logic is limited on the Galaxy, and that's where the home automation excels.

I like the sound of that ?

I was hoping for some way besides Konnected to link my Flex into my SmartThings.

I was hoping I could do it a similar way to a standard 12v doorbell I have.

So I have a Xiaomi ZigBee push button thats on my SmartThings setup and it has contacts on that replicates the button been pressed, so I connect them to the led on the bell receiver so when the bell goes of it activates the button and then I can do what I want with that within SmartThings.

I wouldn't know where to start with the flex I just followed a guide to do the bell.

23 minutes ago, Steve23 said:

I like the sound of that ?

I was hoping for some way besides Konnected to link my Flex into my SmartThings.

I was hoping I could do it a similar way to a standard 12v doorbell I have.

So I have a Xiaomi ZigBee push button thats on my SmartThings setup and it has contacts on that replicates the button been pressed, so I connect them to the led on the bell receiver so when the bell goes of it activates the button and then I can do what I want with that within SmartThings.

I wouldn't know where to start with the flex I just followed a guide to do the bell.

Maybe he needs a field tester ;)

• Like 1