Security Installer Community

Which Honeywell Panel in UK? - Gave up waiting for Konnected.io

sg86sg

3 hours ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

Re prox tags I have always recommended to have the tag on your car keys separate from your house ones. They have there pros and cons but they are mandatory for proper monitoring anyway

I do that

1 hour ago, PeterJames said:

I do that

Yup, my house/office key and work alarm fob are together with a USB back up thing, car key totally on its own, not even a fob. I hate lots of keys etc. 

Taking it a step further, phone always goes in my left front pocket on its own (screen against my leg) and car key on its own in the opposite. House/office keys are either hung up at home or on my desk at work. Been the same for years. 

Bit ocd but hey ho. 

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Yeah, I write left handed (cack handed) but my right hand is my leading hand in everything else, squash etc. Not sure why I chose my left pocket but its been that way since I smashed the screen on my 6310 on the corner of a desk back in the day. 

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

6 hours ago, sg86sg said:

If the addon panel was connected at setup time wouldn't the glaxy panel then consider it to be "part of the sensor" if you know what I mean, as the resistance would then change including the addon board?

With luck, you may be able to stay within a selected range, but depending on the tolerances, it may just result in false tampers. With the cost of the third party solutions being so high, I personally wouldn't bother.

3 hours ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

Being right handed phone in the right makes more sense to me :shrug:

You just normal monkey then? Or can use most tools both hands?

Right handed , my phone always on left which is normal for most they hold to left ear and type with right and left handed people being opposite 

So phone goes in pocket which is nearest to which hand you hold it 

Unless you long winded dude who swap to his right gets bored reading this and put in his right pocket ?

17 hours ago, MrHappy said:

right'o

ahh.

There is a huge difference between buying cheap hardware and being smart by only paying for better aesthetics where they are needed.

Good job on trying to be smart there though ? 

37 minutes ago, sg86sg said:

There is a huge difference between buying cheap hardware and being smart by only paying for better aesthetics where they are needed.

Good job on trying to be smart there though ? 

nah, I did a bit better than "trying" to be smart ;)

mk8 rkp looks like 1980's tat

mk7 look like 1990's tat

if the 2nd keypad was free, I'd still prefer to buy an identical one to go in the cupboard

• Upvote 1

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God