Security Installer Community

Which Honeywell Panel in UK? - Gave up waiting for Konnected.io

sg86sg

^^ Whats the private meter for, the dungeon?

15 hours ago, MrHappy said:

I miss these...

R239715-01.jpg

Yeah I remember those, we very occ. used them on flats where they didn't want anything outside at all, or for big houses outbuildings that sort of thing.

I had one of the matching SAB speakers left over for years, no idea why I kept it, finally used it on a commercial job a while back.

I can find a picture of the ones I've got (their buried) but they had the same guts in a very slim case, which was semi-translucent (it had a strobe). Internal use only.

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

21 hours ago, al-yeti said:

Stick to the sterling dude

Ok I understand 

I forget your going with an arc 

For price difference flex 20 for someone who wants to make it do more you will have less hassle having a bigger panel later 

I would definitely putting contacts on all the windows in your house aslong as you pay up 

Easiest way is wireless in this case 

Yea this is why I didn't see a need for a bigger panel though, because I'm getting the wireless addon I can add contact to any windows that I missed.

I agree more working space is nice, I'm used to bigger cables but I don't see any additional wires of boards going in here that I've not already got?

18 hours ago, MrHappy said:

Your on the internet asking a random bunch of spackers how to do your alarm....

If the choice was between you & AMCO to do my alarm, I'd choose you ;)

mk7 & mk8, strange...  

mk7 is cheaper and will be in the server cupboard, whereas the mk8 looks nicer and will be in the hall :). That's assuming you're wondering why i'm getting both.

Yea I wasn't going to let AMCO touch anything in the house, even run cables. The agreement I made with them was to literally install their speaker setup and into the panel and then monitor it :)

20 hours ago, PeterJames said:

Are you saying you used Cat6 for the alarm cables?

haha no! that's for all the points around the house, APs, CCTV (all PoE etc), TVs etc.

Edited by sg86sg

1 minute ago, james.wilson said:

good feedback, do you like the mk8 then?

Well it looks alright, better than the MK7 ?‍♂️

I don't see the touchpanel warrants any extra money, looks quite cheap to me comparing it to devices like Nest stats etc. It will literally be used to arm/disarm because everything else can be done from the mobile app anyway

And I'm not going for the Prox one because that just seems stupid to me from a security standpoint, like if you drop your keys, loose the fob, or leave your keys by the front door which my wife will prob do all the time!

Edited by sg86sg

2 minutes ago, sg86sg said:

And I'm not going for the Prox one because that just seems stupid to me from a security standpoint, like if you drop your keys, loose the fob, or leave your keys by the front door which my wife will prob do all the time!

This viewpoint always suprises me, what do you do with your (or wifes) car

3 minutes ago, sg86sg said:

Well it looks alright, better than the MK7 ?‍♂️

Thanks

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Just now, james.wilson said:

This viewpoint always suprises me, what do you do with your (or wifes) car

Thanks

Well you are spot on especially with these extenders and such these days I don't leave my keys by the front door. However surely this depends on what is more valuable right to determine the risk.

I also just don't see a huge convenience of placing a fob against the panel over typing in a code, unless I'm totally missing something here!

I use a fob, but I don't have my address on my keys. It's a bit like contact less payment it's just easier but I do use a code in the morning or tge app on the phone

Also chances are your car is worth more than the stealable contents of your home

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

4 minutes ago, james.wilson said:

I use a fob, but I don't have my address on my keys. It's a bit like contact less payment it's just easier but I do use a code in the morning or tge app on the phone

Also chances are your car is worth more than the stealable contents of your home

But then if your keys are accessible when an intruder gets in they can disarm in a few seconds right? Just want to be clear on that's how it works

Of course it would be stupid to leave them accessible but accidents happen and it seems like a huge issue to me.

I guess everyone's homes, cars and lifestyle are different so who knows!

16 minutes ago, sg86sg said:

Well you are spot on especially with these extenders and such these days I don't leave my keys by the front door. However surely this depends on what is more valuable right to determine the risk.

I also just don't see a huge convenience of placing a fob against the panel over typing in a code, unless I'm totally missing something here!

On galaxy range code is faster on exit, and fob is faster on entry 

In exit there is a delay when applying the fob  , hkc is fast both ways 

You could use both fob and code on entry not sure if that is an option on the flex