Security Installer Community

Which Honeywell Panel in UK? - Gave up waiting for Konnected.io

sg86sg

Hi all,

So after waiting 6 months already for Konnected.io's new Pro v2 panel I've had enough and need to find another solution!

After a lot of googling I found that Envisalink v4 with a Honeywell panel may be my best option as I use Home Assistant for all automatons and devices in the home and I've already bought a load of Honeywell DT8016AF5 Sensors. However, I was going to buy a Honeywell Vista 21IPLTE before I realised it seems like its a US panel (because it has a 120v transformer).

I then stumbled upon this website and thought lets get some advice on the best panel to do the following:

• Ability to connect to Home Assistant, via Alarm Decoded or Envisalink boards
  • External Keypads and Siren
  • Ease of connection for central monitoring station such as AMCO (dual path for insurance)
  • I would prefer the option to also add additional sensors that I missed off via RF as well, even panic buttons etc if that's possible.
  • All sensors are currently wired back to central location, windows, doors, pirs etc

Can't wait to finally get a good setup so all advice welcome! Maybe the Vista panel is ok with a different transformer as I think it handles all of my above points?

7 minutes ago, sg86sg said:

Hi all,

So after waiting 6 months already for Konnected.io's new Pro v2 panel I've had enough and need to find another solution!

After a lot of googling I found that Envisalink v4 with a Honeywell panel may be my best option as I use Home Assistant for all automatons and devices in the home and I've already bought a load of Honeywell DT8016AF5 Sensors. However, I was going to buy a Honeywell Vista 21IPLTE before I realised it seems like its a US panel (because it has a 120v transformer).

I then stumbled upon this website and thought lets get some advice on the best panel to do the following:

• Ability to connect to Home Assistant, via Alarm Decoded or Envisalink boards
  • External Keypads and Siren
  • Ease of connection for central monitoring station such as AMCO (dual path for insurance)
  • I would prefer the option to also add additional sensors that I missed off via RF as well, even panic buttons etc if that's possible.
  • All sensors are currently wired back to central location, windows, doors, pirs etc

Can't wait to finally get a good setup so all advice welcome! Maybe the Vista panel is ok with a different transformer as I think it handles all of my above points?

What country you in?

Getting any eu compliant panel to talk to a non graded system isnt currently doable out of the box. You can obviously use relays and such like but not ideal. I use home assistant with my hkc system but there is no way id allow home assistant to control the set status only to view or for logic etc.

You could probably get the events via 232 printer but ive not investigated that yet

• Upvote 2

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

a couple of things things leap out

2 hours ago, sg86sg said:

So after waiting 6 months already for Konnected.io's (a) new Pro v2 panel I've had enough and need to find another solution!

&

2 hours ago, sg86sg said:
  • Ease of connection for central monitoring station such as AMCO (b)(dual path for insurance (c))

assuming you in the UK  (c) if your insurance requires dual path signalling, normal practice is NSI/ SSAIB installer, proper graded signalling to a NSI / SSAIB ARC, their is often a requirement for a Police URN

This is different from  Home automation shite (a) & an unapproved ARC in North Yorkshire (b) ?

• Upvote 1

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

I also use HKC and it is connected to my lights for alarm activation, curtousy, and to make sure all the lights are off when its armed, but I am using 433 for that. 

There are panels out there that do talk with various hubs but as James says I dont believe they are compliant. The Polish Satel Integra panel does have some integration but again I am unsure on its compliance 

9 minutes ago, MrHappy said:

a couple of things things leap out

&

assuming you in the UK  (c) if your insurance requires dual path signalling, normal practice is NSI/ SSAIB installer, proper graded signalling to a NSI / SSAIB ARC, their is often a requirement for a Police URN

This is different from  Home automation shite (a) & an unapproved ARC in North Yorkshire (b) ?

Agreed if you need dual path for insurance you cant diy it 

I still fail to see the point with integration to the point where you allow third party devices to control the intruders arming and disarming, your just crating more surface area to be exploited.

Sure I have said this on another thread but what really do you want the home assistant to do with the alarm?

Yes it's nice if things can interface with each other for extra functionality but the main goal is security and people forget this.