Security Installer Community

Hik Acusense G2 Turret With Strobe Light And Speaker - DS-2CD2386G2-ISU/SL

EViS

Does anyone know, or can best-guess, when the DS-2CD2386G2-ISU/SL 4k G2 turret cameras with strobe lights and speakers are likely to be released? No suppliers that I have approached can find any stock availability or pricing on these. I've only been able to find a couple video reviews.

Are Hik known for releasing product information way in advance of actual product release dates which means I may be waiting quite some time for one of these?

19 minutes ago, EViS said:

Does anyone know, or can best-guess, when the DS-2CD2386G2-ISU/SL 4k G2 turret cameras with strobe lights and speakers are likely to be released?

These are made in china, you may have heard of a pandemic in the news ?

I expect you'll not get be able to get this product for some months...

• Like 1

Mr? Veritas God

you want to buy something they can't price & your asking people unconnected with the supply chain to predict when you might be able to get it ?

Well I'll give it a go-

normally I'd expect a container ship from china to take a month to get to the UK,  however some stock is flown in. Let say 5-6 weeks from when they can offer a price?

Pandemic, lots of people are working from home trying to contact someone else working from home.... if you have already have 8mp IP camera's in the warehouse, how much effort do think is going to be placed in sourcing something different when  potently we are looking at a global recession ? very little would be my thoughts ?

Edited by MrHappy

Mr? Veritas God

1 minute ago, EViS said:

Thanks MrHappy. You seem to have missed the crux of what is being asked here:

Are Hik known for releasing product information way in advance of actual product release dates?

From past experience I'd expect pricing within a month of model no. & the item by the time it takes slow boat to arrive from china. However, its rather different circumstances at the moment...

Even when stock is meant to be the country ordering & taking delivery are 2 different thing's

• Thanks 3

Mr? Veritas God

1 hour ago, EViS said:

Are Hik known for releasing product information way in advance of actual product release dates?

They all do, that said I have heard (on a fb security forum) that people are installing the Hik cameras with speaker's and strobes at camping sites in France, though I couldn't tell you the model number.

There will be some distributors in the UK with them probably but distributors have to buy by the boatload in order to compete with each other and Amazon and Ebay. I can get Chinese knockoff Hik cameras before some of the UK suppliers get the real thing most of the time. Not that I would buy them ever again.

50 minutes ago, norman said:

You bought fakes before? 

They didnt say Hik on them they just had Hik firmware, but that was were the similarity ended, they acted like Hik, the settings were exactly the same. Everything thought it was a Hik camera (I was using our own Elise recorders) but Hik recorders thought they were genuine too. They were in standard eyeball camera housing with Sony Davinci CMos chips. The ones that worked, worked well but we had a high failure rate, and to return them China wanted import duty which made it expensive to get them fixed, the supplier did send free replacements but the QC was shite. I just used them as dummy cameras now for existing and new customers 

5 hours ago, EViS said:

Lots of companies are 

You never see press releases etc?