Security Installer Community

Texecom Premier panels linked together

Hello,

Have reciently come across a large installation that has a Texecom Premier 48 on one side of the building and a Texecom Premier Elite 48 panel on the other side.  Both panels are linked via the 4 wire data network, along with keypads and expanders etc. 

Thing is, I can find no reference to panel linking in the installation manual?  How are the panels configured and how to they behave?  I've installed a small Premier 48 system before, but with just the single main panel and a bunch of zones hung from it via an expander.

This particular system in question is using a Premier 48 as one panel and a Premier Elite for the other.  One panel also has a GSM dialler module and the other uses a POTS (analogue) dialler.  Are the panels working as a kind of redundant/fallover system?

Any help much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Thanks for the replies.  They are definatly linked, as I've traced the cabling.  Needed to replace a couple of damaged detectors reciently and ended up tracing all of the cabling and documenting the system layout for future use.  The two panels are linked together via the data bus, along with a couple of keypads inbetween.

11 hours ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

I can't see it being supported configuration at all but plausible that the expanders could be "understood" by both panels they wouldn't be "linked" in that sense tho.

You going to try on the bench ? 

Or to busy ;)