Security Installer Community

Pyronix Enforcer With Wireless Optex Perimeter Beams

EViS

Having spent a fair amount of time researching a new alarm install, I have settled on the following setup to secure the exterior of the property as well as outbuilding.

- Pyronix Enforcer Control Panel V10
- ENF32UK-WE DIGI-WIFI Wireless Module x1
- KF4-WE Two Way Keyfobs x2
- XDL12TT-WE External Volumetric Detector x2 (one facing the vehicles and one facing the outbuilding entrance door)
- OPTEX SL-200TNR 60M Beam Detectors x2 (with Pyronix MC2-WE Wireless Contact x2)
- Hikvision Cameras x2

However, before ordering I have a couple of fairly fundamental questions which I still cannot find an answer to, hence turning to you knowledgeable lot ?

1. In order for the Optex beams to connect wirelessly with the Enforcer panel, am I correct in understanding that they will need to be fitted with the Pyronix MC2-WE wireless contacts? Or should I be installing the MC1MINI-WE wireless contacts? Or is there another wireless sensor which I should be purchasing (I have seen mention to the Inovonics EE1216 but unsure how this would communicate with the Pyronix)?

2. What is the difference between the Optex SL-200TNR and the AX-200TFR beams? I understand that they accept different batteries, but is there no other differences? Which is the superior product?

3. Other than an unswitched fused spur, is there anything else I need for the install (any alarm cable, etc)? Or anything which I have over-looked or you could further advise on?

Spotted your initial post but I wouldn't personally use hardly any of the kit you posted about.

It also seems like a bit of an odd setup to be asking these questions. Sounds like some early warning system that may false alarm a lot, as above.

I can help with the Optex beam question a little, the SL version comes with an extra external housing and has more power options (i.e you could wire power).

Would say all the extra features would be unnecessary for domestic situation tho, they are both decent wireless beams with more than enough beam range for most domestic applications.

1 hour ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

Spotted your initial post but I wouldn't personally use hardly any of the kit you posted about.

It also seems like a bit of an odd setup to be asking these questions. Sounds like some early warning system that may false alarm a lot, as above.

I can help with the Optex beam question a little, the SL version comes with an extra external housing and has more power options (i.e you could wire power).

Would say all the extra features would be unnecessary for domestic situation tho, they are both decent wireless beams with more than enough beam range for most domestic applications.

Perhaps if he is using a beam for notifications , better also on a timer? Or I guess height is the issue for sure 

2 hours ago, al-yeti said:

No pirs? Window sensors, bell box? You think the external sensors will fa allot? Or you just using them as a notification?

The priority for the time being is to 'secure' the perimeter and outbuilding. I'd rather be notified that someone is lurking outside before they actually try to gain entry. However, in the future I may wish to expand the system to include internal PIR's, shock sensors, a bell box, etc., hence opting for the Enforcer panel now.

1 hour ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

Could you expand on what makes this an odd setup in terms of securing a boundary and external access points? The idea behind the beams is to limit the number of false alarms. Although I appreciate the PIR's won't be as effective.

Thank you for confirming the difference between the beams. If I do opt for these, I'll go with the SL version to allow hard-wiring in the future.

1 hour ago, PeterJames said:

I would use the CCTV as the perimeter security, set up properly it will only notify you if it sees humans 

I've done my best to research the pro's and con's between using CCTV vs beams and came to the conclusion that beams are less likely to FA and more likely to capture any human movement. I am assuming your experience is the opposite to this? I'm not interested in CCTV being used as evidence of any breaches/crimes (as we all know this is futile), but I am interested in using it to confirm any notifications (from broken beams or otherwise). However, if CCTV can indeed work as efficiently as beams and external PIR's, I'd much rather opt for these as a simpler (and potentially lower cost) setup.

49 minutes ago, james.wilson said:

I'd use the optex beans but not the pyronix stuff. You might want something more powerful/flexible than an enforcer it's a basic cheap panel

What would your suggestion be? Bearing in mind the access to tech/installation manuals for a non-alarm trade.

Edited by EViS

Security is about layers start from the core and work out.

If the perimeter system fails to operate or false activates and cries wolf all the time your left with nothing for your investment (both time and money).

You can buy all the "best kit in the world" and apply it wrong you'll still have a poor system.