Security Installer Community

Alien Mega Hero

fattony

Hi

i have a client who has a Alien Mega Hero Dvr, it’s running some external 230v cameras with a floodlight mounted above the camera (see picture attached)

one of the cameras is faulty and I need to propose a suitable replacement, I’ve attempted to contact Alien but no answer, I was going to call them on Monday but thought I’d ask on here first

Thanks

E088B6C4-B9AF-483D-B262-1C3567C17D9F.jpeg

There is a balcony just below it, yes it is an analogue dvr.

I’m assuming I can’t just swap it for something like a hik or dahua and axis would be too high spec, maybe I need to have a look through the Alien website to see what they offer.

i think these are called body or box cameras, if so are they a standard fit in the existing housing or would this be a new housing?

thanks

1 hour ago, fattony said:

I’m assuming I can’t just swap it for something like a hik or dahua and axis would be too high spec, maybe I need to have a look through the Alien website to see what they offer.

i think these are called body or box cameras, if so are they a standard fit in the existing housing or would this be a new housing?

thanks

Still it's high up , you going to use a ladder on the balcony lol

10 hours ago, fattony said:

thanks

Is it viewing the balcony then?

From your statement above I gather CCTV is not your thing? Axis dont make analogue cameras 

Looks like a computar cheb housing ?

I'd want to replace the DVR, & replace the camera with HD 2-5mp thing with motorised lens & external 12/24v Psu

If the light is for the camera bin it.

It looks like the conduit & lightening protection have been done after wall brackets ?

You want a rope around the old camera tied to the building when you take it down, you probably need some fall arrest protection for you.

Looking at the pic, I'd not want to win it...

Mr? Veritas God

3 minutes ago, MrHappy said:

Looking at the pic, I'd not want to win it...

QFA I would price accordingly, and I would be unlikely to win it they have obviously gone for the cheapest in the past 

• 1 month later...

Hahaha!

i won’t be changing it, we maintain the building (inherited) and the camera went down, ex employee took it down, quit the next day and the new guy gets the joy of putting it back, all at my cost as previous ‘security engineer’ thought he could just change it for a 5mp hik analogue