Security Installer Community

Gardtec 580 Tamper reset problem

Hi

Javing issue resetting after changing batteries in 2 wireless shock detectors (Risco units). Tamper reset is set to any code for sure, in fact all resets are set to any code. I have tried turning both unis off and then adding them back but the alarm will not reset.

To reset I am entering main code, saying yes to set but all to no avail. I have checked the tamper springs etc in the sensors etc but the thing just does not want to reset

If I remove all power (including backup battery) will this force a reset (I am guessing so)

Any other ideas anyone?

1 hour ago, paulbaker1954 said:

Hi

Javing issue resetting after changing batteries in 2 wireless shock detectors (Risco units). Tamper reset is set to any code for sure, in fact all resets are set to any code. I have tried turning both unis off and then adding them back but the alarm will not reset.

To reset I am entering main code, saying yes to set but all to no avail. I have checked the tamper springs etc in the sensors etc but the thing just does not want to reset

If I remove all power (including backup battery) will this force a reset (I am guessing so)

Any other ideas anyone?

Javed of all trades best leave it alone 

2 hours ago, paulbaker1954 said:

Hi

Any other ideas anyone?

Seriously tho, these are a proper pain , all the risco stuff is on resetting tampers , annoying 

But you sure all batteries are good ? And you closed them correctly ?

Last one I found was a sensor the customer didn't know they had (smoke alarm) 

4 hours ago, paulbaker1954 said:

Any other ideas anyone?

rip it out & stamp on it?

its 1 way radio, wait for the device to sleep then wake the transmitter with a 12hr alarm or view the device strengh

• Upvote 3

Mr? Veritas God