Security Installer Community

Can a security engineer do callout when furloughed by the employer

Brian hall

I watched something on the telly a while back-

Chinese women delivering Chinese type takeaway in astra or something...

Spotted driving without a seat beat or something, shes kicking off when stopped cooper asks whats she's doing,

Checks with insurer if the car is business insured & it comes back no, car leaves on the tow truck...

Mr? Veritas God

Bearing in mind every Toyota Yaris on the road after 7pm is delivering takeaway and uninsured. They can also be graded by shitness to what type of takeaway they are carrying. 

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

1 hour ago, norman said:

Bearing in mind every Toyota Yaris on the road after 7pm is delivering takeaway and uninsured. They can also be graded by shitness to what type of takeaway they are carrying. 

Uber alarm services?

10 hours ago, al-yeti said:

Wouldn't pass a producer these days 

Do they still give those out, I remember as a lad of 17 collecting about 5 of those within a couple of days, the copper behind the counter got the right knock with me because he had to fill a form out for each of them, he asked why I didn't tell the coppers that stopped me after the first time that I already had a producer. Never mind the fact that I had been stopped on 5 separate occasions within 48 hours, for no other reason than being young in charge of a motor vehicle. I hoped they would get the message but it never worked I still got stopped all the fooking time.

12 hours ago, norman said:

LOL very true.

There is an Italian restaurant round here that only do delivery. They only make food that delivers well, e.g. no steaks.

It's better than some of the sit down places round here... and usually gets delivered in an Audi ;) 

Interestingly when I got a large free voucher for Deliveroo (another NHS handout) I noticed that the local Frankie and Bennies which I've never been to

operates under a number of specific sub-brands for delivery only, e.g. 'American Burger Hut', 'The Pie Shop' with their own logos and everything. The giveway was the postcode.

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

34 minutes ago, datadiffusion said:

LOL very true.

There is an Italian restaurant round here that only do delivery. They only make food that delivers well, e.g. no steaks.

It's better than some of the sit down places round here... and usually gets delivered in an Audi ;) 

Interestingly when I got a large free voucher for Deliveroo (another NHS handout) I noticed that the local Frankie and Bennies which I've never been to

operates under a number of specific sub-brands for delivery only, e.g. 'American Burger Hut', 'The Pie Shop' with their own logos and everything. The giveway was the postcode.

Frankie and Bennies urggh never tell them its your birthday unless you like Cliff Richard. I was in there for a quiet meal one evening with the missus unfortunately I picked a day that about 20 people had their birthday and they all decided to go to F&B to celebrate. Every 5 fooking minutes they played congratulations and came out with a cake with a sparkler in it. I wouldnt mind but cliff was played much louder than the ambient music which made me jump every fooking time it came on.

Foods not that great for the money either

• Like 3

3 hours ago, PeterJames said:

Do they still give those out, I remember as a lad of 17 collecting about 5 of those within a couple of days, the copper behind the counter got the right knock with me because he had to fill a form out for each of them, he asked why I didn't tell the coppers that stopped me after the first time that I already had a producer. Never mind the fact that I had been stopped on 5 separate occasions within 48 hours, for no other reason than being young in charge of a motor vehicle. I hoped they would get the message but it never worked I still got stopped all the fooking time.

Depends on there mood and what you done , police aren't around much anyway,but they do check docs thoroughly on insurance , plenty of traps setup lol

20 minutes ago, PeterJames said:

Frankie and Bennies urggh never tell them its your birthday unless you like Cliff Richard. I was in there for a quiet meal one evening with the missus unfortunately I picked a day that about 20 people had their birthday and they all decided to go to F&B to celebrate. Every 5 fooking minutes they played congratulations and came out with a cake with a sparkler in it. I wouldnt mind but cliff was played much louder than the ambient music which made me jump every fooking time it came on.

Foods not that great for the money either

No not ever heard great things so never been in there. Didn't realise they nearly bankrupted themselves buying Wagamama.

We used to go to to Wagamama quite a bit until one day we were in the one in Bristol. The waitress spilt someones food all over them, but rather than apologising,

bottled it and legged it out to the back. Cue lots of eastern eupoean swearing (probably ?) but definately shouting we could hear from the front (quite a small one in Clifton)

Out comes the waitress kind of under duress with a couple of 'heavies' from the kitchen, this all happened fairly quickly so at this point the table involved are almost

in shock rather than anything actually happening just yet, to cut a long story short it pretty much turned into a low grade fight between all staff present and the bloke

covered in food just staring into the distance as he wiped himself down. At least the arguing was now in English for added LOLs, perhaps it's a front of house rule?

We had pretty much finished, were right by the door, so quietly walked out without paying....! It probably ended up in the paper but given the nature of the clientelle I don't

think anyone was filming straight away. Was a few years ago now. Never went back to any branch, not because of that so much, we just didn't ;)

17 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

Depends on there mood and what you done , police aren't around much anyway,but they do check docs thoroughly on insurance , plenty of traps setup lol

Loads round here, not doing much but continuously cruising round, hardly ever see a car in our part of WsM otherwise.

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

• 1 month later...

I understood an employee furloughed, cannot work for the company at all. Even callouts. They can work for someone else, viz another company...and they can train, so I suppose technically for example an installing engineer could train a service maintenance tech in installation work. And directors can't work, work, but can carry out their Directorships responsibility.

Also, you can't go on flexy furlough unless you were furloughed at least 3 weeks before 1st July 2020... As I see it, happy to be corrected..

2 minutes ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

Issue is if your company is found out and they go under you no longer have a job.

agreed but im assuming as it was illegal they will go after the directors etc directly 

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

6 minutes ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

Issue is if your company is found out and they go under you no longer have a job.

Would you want to work form a company who defrauded the government anyway?

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

You can enjoy your job but disagree with the direction of the company.

Some people would argue they need the job so have no choice in the matter.

I suppose I am thinking more generally outside of the industry there tho.

Will be interesting to see what action happens, taxman will want the money back somehow and rightly so.

21 hours ago, Sonic said:

so I suppose technically for example an installing engineer could train a service maintenance tech in installation work. 

I think that would be very thin ice, I think the training would have to be non hands on in other words not making any money for the company you work for.

They can work for someone else, viz another company

Again that company must not be doing anything for the company you work for