Security Installer Community

Help with Texecom

Greetings this is my first post.

I moved home a few months ago and the property has a Texecom premier elite alarm.

I have been investigating and have obtained the engineer code plus a manual, I have some skills I think in such things and have noticed on the pcb  there is a terminal marked op1

I wish to switch a relay from this on any alarm in area B ( there are two areas in the system ) 

Could anybody take me through the set options to do this.

What model Premier? What firmware?

What current do you plan to pull from the output as there maybe other options depending what you are trying to do.

Output programming should be as simple as finding the right output in System outputs and selecting your Area and Type (probably you want "Alarm") leaving the default attributes

33 minutes ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

What model Premier? What firmware?

What current do you plan to pull from the output as there maybe other options depending what you are trying to do.

Output programming should be as simple as finding the right output in System outputs and selecting your Area and Type (probably you want "Alarm") leaving the default attributes

I have looked in the panel and there is a sheet with zone information on it and various comments and one entry says that firmware has been updated to 5.02.

As regards model the panel is plastic has 8 zones and there is in other part of the house an expander  

I require the relay so I can switch on lighting and a sounder in the garage ( area B ) if its broken into, I did this at my old house

The relay I will use is 12volts and draws 45ma.

So the alarm was/is maintained then? Seems odd to not know you had the firmware upgraded after you moved in (that FW is about 3 weeks old).

I would probably drive a normal alarm sounder/speaker straight from the alarm. If it's a sounder best to to use the "Bell trig output" or an output programmed as "Bell (SAB)- Area type"

Lighting would need to be a relay as you plan, you can use any output you like on any of the expanders or panel. Would be fine using "Alarm - Area Type" for this.

It's all in the manual but you should find the right options from my post above.

16 hours ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

So the alarm was/is maintained then? Seems odd to not know you had the firmware upgraded after you moved in (that FW is about 3 weeks old).

I would probably drive a normal alarm sounder/speaker straight from the alarm. If it's a sounder best to to use the "Bell trig output" or an output programmed as "Bell (SAB)- Area type"

Lighting would need to be a relay as you plan, you can use any output you like on any of the expanders or panel. Would be fine using "Alarm - Area Type" for this.

It's all in the manual but you should find the right options from my post above.

The former owner was in IT I believe he fitted the alarm himself and left me with all the codes, I was not phased about this as it works well and thinking I know a bit about these things I obtained a manual on line.

Having done relay fitting before I thought I could do this fairly easy but I cannot see in the manual how to do it.

I am pleased I can use other outputs but I still need to programme it.

If its possible without putting you to too much inconvenience could you give me step by step guide to programming o/p 1 to activate on an alarm in area B.

ie what main section I need such as global then the sub menu and so on thanks in advance. 

I'd probably recommend defaulting the panel in this case, if the timeline is correct then sounds like someone has remote access to your system via a Smartcom.

You would be able to confirm this as you will have a small (A6 sized box with yellow stripe across the middle) mounted adjacent the control panel.

Defaulting the panel should clear the app and user codes and then if you need this functionality you can set it up again would be disabled as default.

The page numbers move about as the manual gets updated regularly.

Section 5.6 System outputs covers everything with a pretty flow diagram.

3 hours ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

I'd probably recommend defaulting the panel in this case, if the timeline is correct then sounds like someone has remote access to your system via a Smartcom.

You would be able to confirm this as you will have a small (A6 sized box with yellow stripe across the middle) mounted adjacent the control panel.

Defaulting the panel should clear the app and user codes and then if you need this functionality you can set it up again would be disabled as default.

The page numbers move about as the manual gets updated regularly.

Section 5.6 System outputs covers everything with a pretty flow diagram.

I have another look and the only thing near the panel is the keypad no A6 box.

I have been to system outputs and and output 1 is the first listed and at  present its off.

I have played around but so far have not found areaB set up