Security Installer Community

"Entry Fault" message - SW1070 Panel

So I'm still getting an "entry fault" SMS message when I open my back door and allow the entry delay to time out and the panel to activate an alarm. Is this a normal message, or due to a real fault caused by e.g. bouncing contacts and not a single clean opening of the reed switch? Wiring is good. I get three messages, "Alarm", "Entry fault", "Unset". I only expect two of these.

Sometimes I get the problem with my front door too. The door and jamb are stuck and I have to shake the door to get it open, so the reed switch would alternatively open and close multiple times. I think maybe this is just a not very appropriate choice of words for the message (it's not really a "fault"). Can I turn this message off while still keeping normal reporting of faults (e.g. mains failure) in the settings for the communication board? A message about the alarm and the zone it's on and a second SMS to tell me that the alarm has been unset is sufficient.

Edited by Eugene's DIY Den

3 hours ago, james.wilson said:

Cos it's a timeout it's telling you. If you read the log it will give you the order

So basically this message is normal and not a fault?

1 hour ago, Eugene's DIY Den said:

So basically this message is normal and not a fault?

Dude ask yourself a question 

You set your alarm , and a gorilla breaks in from that door 

What you expect alarm to do?

Timeout and send entry fault alarm