Security Installer Community

Galaxy Dimension RF Portal + TCPA1B fobs

Hi All,

Quick question. I have a friend who has a Galaxy Dimension 520 panel (he has a large property, and wanted multiple data lines due to lots of buildings) who wanted some panic fobs for his elderly parents. I had a look online and found the C079-2 RF Portal was compatible with his panel and that the TCPA1B fobs were also if he was running V3 or newer f/w on the portal.

We have updated his panel f/w to v7, and I can see in diagnostics that the RF portal is on V3, but when I try and learn the zone it asks me to activate the tamper, but the fob doesn't have a tamper!

Can anyone advise how we can get these working?

Thanks in advance!

59 minutes ago, Cyberprog said:

Hi All,

Quick question. I have a friend who has a Galaxy Dimension 520 panel (he has a large property, and wanted multiple data lines due to lots of buildings) who wanted some panic fobs for his elderly parents. I had a look online and found the C079-2 RF Portal was compatible with his panel and that the TCPA1B fobs were also if he was running V3 or newer f/w on the portal.

We have updated his panel f/w to v7, and I can see in diagnostics that the RF portal is on V3, but when I try and learn the zone it asks me to activate the tamper, but the fob doesn't have a tamper!

Can anyone advise how we can get these working?

Thanks in advance!

Battery in and out press button, it will do it

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Cyberprog said:

That simple? I'm a flipping idiot. 

Mind you, the docs suck.

I had to flaff around with that aswell.....

Although before Norman sees it

You know I meant battery out and in lol 

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Cyberprog said:

Lol, thanks guys. Tried here on my Galaxy 48 (6.83), but my RF Portal is V2.10 so no dice. Shall have to grab a newer C079-2 with V3 firmware and try before I next pop down!

I sell you one 

But it works on the 48 aswell but you have to update it's firmware pretty sure has to be 7+ version 

8 minutes ago, Cyberprog said:

Ah, might be easier to just wait then. I don't have a recent copy of RSS so rather hard to update my panel.

Just buy the update on a stick dude 

https://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/intruder-alarm-c-36/security-control-panels-c-36_102/control-panels-all-c-36_102_41/honeywell-galaxy-dimension-spi-key-gd48-p-2078.html

Either way you know what to do 

Might have been 7.03 - yep, well, beer tokens. The chap who runs selfmon sent us a SPI key with it on there as his 520 had some stupid ADT firmware without any fire zone type.

If I did more of this I'd invest in the programmer and an SPI key of my own, but it's just my alarm here at home, the workshop and my mates place I look after now! Used to do way more but stopped being self employed 4 years ago and passed all the others off to other companies.