Security Installer Community

Guard Access Not Activating

My Texecom  Premier Elite has thrown up a odd problem.

I have one zone programmed as zone access it is the first active detector that is walked past when getting up in the morning the system being in part set mode.

It should trigger the entry timer but most times it fails to do so and has no effect on the system.

I have substituted the detector and resistors but with no improvement.

I have tried it connected to a spare zone again no change.

In all other ways operation is normal ie on full set it alarms instantly if tripped directly, it allows access on full set when entering through the entry door and on walk test it again operates normally.

It is a new panel.

Any observations will be received very gratefully.  

12 minutes ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

Is it an intermittent issue?

Do you have any other attributes enabled?

Are you running firmware V5.01.02?

It is a problem most times but it does operate correctly the odd time.

Attributes I have two zones in area B.

The firmware on the box is 5.01

22 minutes ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

Attributes for each Zone I would expect only (Omittable and Access to be on)

Version number should be on a sticker on the main processor. Or menu and 4 together

You "may" have run into a software bug if you are on version 5.01.02, this was patched in 5.02

The version number is LS1V5.01.03

Atttributes1 on this zone is omittable, access and enrty/ exit 2

The bugg you mention did it cause this sort of problem.

You shouldn't need the Entry/Exit 2 Attribute on that zone as Guard Access.

The report is that Guard Access would not function at all after you part set several times but would work correctly again after the next full arm.

If it is definitely the issue your options are:-

a) Do not use Guard Access Zone Type and use the Entry/Exit 1 or 2 Zone Type.  Using E/E 2 only has the benefit of selecting a different entry/exit time to the full set.

b) Purchase the kit required to update the firmware (flashing lead), contacting Texecom seeing if you can get a copy of the latest firmware to you and flashing it and hopefully not messing it up.

c) Get someone in the know to do Option B

d) Purchase and install a Smartcom which has the option to firmware upgrade via the app now I believe.

e) See if where you sourced the kit from will help

21 minutes ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

You shouldn't need the Entry/Exit 2 Attribute on that zone as Guard Access.

The report is that Guard Access would not function at all after you part set several times but would work correctly again after the next full arm.

If it is definitely the issue your options are:-

a) Do not use Guard Access Zone Type and use the Entry/Exit 1 or 2 Zone Type.  Using E/E 2 only has the benefit of selecting a different entry/exit time to the full set.

b) Purchase the kit required to update the firmware (flashing lead), contacting Texecom seeing if you can get a copy of the latest firmware to you and flashing it and hopefully not messing it up.

c) Get someone in the know to do Option B

d) Purchase and install a Smartcom which has the option to firmware upgrade via the app now I believe.

e) See if where you sourced the kit from will help

The e/e2 option was put on by the panel I am using zone 2, I will remove this and see if things improve tomorrow when I can get the wife out of the way !

If need to follow option b it will come down to if Texecom are happy to talk to me.

Ah, that's possibly the default now then. Wouldn't think it's that just make sure Guard Attribute isn't on.

Yes, they filter DIY into another queue but you should get through to someone. Your unlikely to need the lead again so it's up to you if you want to bother.

Option A is the simplest route, depends if it's critical to have the entrance area as instant alarm on full set, or if waiting for the timer to end is fine.

If the Entry timer 2 can be kept short then it's probably not an issue.

Thank you sixwheeledbeast and others for your interest and advice.

My system is now running correctly having had the firmware updated via a smartcom unit.

It was a bug in the firmware causing the difficulty, as regards entry time 2 this must be enabled when using guard access.

The tech. dept at Texecom could not have been more helpful and I would recommend Texecom products and service plus they are made in the uk. 

16 minutes ago, bowlingman said:

Thank you sixwheeledbeast and others for your interest and advice.

My system is now running correctly having had the firmware updated via a smartcom unit.

It was a bug in the firmware causing the difficulty, as regards entry time 2 this must be enabled when using guard access.

The tech. dept at Texecom could not have been more helpful and I would recommend Texecom products and service plus they are made in the uk. 

Yes texe great for DIY good job

• Thanks 1