Security Installer Community

CCTV Audio

fattony

agreed audio is a bad idea, however you can record anything (think speed vans) with the right signage but audio isn't that way. Recording Audio gets you into private convo concerns even with signs

9 minutes ago, fattony said:

that doesn’t help me as it implies with the correct signage you can record audio?

Yes 

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

28 minutes ago, PeterJames said:

The ICO doesnt like audio recording, you also have privacy issues recording audio, plus it would probably render the CCTV evidence as not admissible in court due to the signage not providing the correct warnings

I'd be interested in the stance of this nowadays with the evolution of the likes of Nest, Arlo and Blink etc. 

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Like everything virtually unenforceable now every man and his dog has this tat.

Look at what happened with illegal FM transmitters in cars, illegal but so many doing it they effectively had to legalise as they knew they couldn't enforce

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

7 minutes ago, fattony said:

that doesn’t help me as it implies with the correct signage you can record audio?

Well put up signs saying your recording audio and see what happens. The fact that its not admissible in court would do it for me.

What about "The ICO doesn't like audio recording, you also have privacy issues recording audio"

News of the world was sued for recording peoples conversations without their knowledge.

Just now, fattony said:

Thanks James,

I’ll advise them to update their signage,

Good luck with that 

1 minute ago, fattony said:

Thanks James,

I’ll do some research into ico but if it’s ok I’ll advise them to update their signage, if not I’ll go and disable it, more than happy to tell them I’m wrong and shouldn’t have left it

You don't have to disable it unless they want you to 

1 minute ago, PeterJames said:

Well put up signs saying your recording audio and see what happens. The fact that its not admissible in court would do it for me.

What about "The ICO doesn't like audio recording, you also have privacy issues recording audio"

News of the world was sued for recording peoples conversations without their knowledge.

Ok so council body worn camera , police are admissable because they are authority ?

1 minute ago, fattony said:

I agree it’s the cheap end of the market but this tat is pretty good tat in my opinion, happy to be educated

https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-data-protection-1998/encryption/scenarios/audio-recordings/

Click CCTV code of practice etc