Security Installer Community

Texecom Premier Elite - Door as Entry/Exit by day but guard by night?

Hi people, The title probably says it all. I have a Premier Elite which was set up a year ago, but I didn't quite get around to the final touch. On full arm I have all the zones on guard aside from the front door which is an entry/exit. On part arm, I have all zones on, but the landing sensor off (Part 1 omit) i.e. everything else left as is. In part arm, the front door still acts as an entry/exit meaning that if some miscreants broke the front door down, they'd have 15 seconds to find the keys and key fobs and theoretically disarm the system. Can I tell the front door switch to be entry/exit in the full arm, but guard in the part arm? Currently, every zone is on Area A, but I have a feeling I'm going to be told that I need to start chopping things about... Any assistance gratefully received (I use wintex via the smartcom for programming). Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere on the boards, I have had a look but couldn't find it. Thank you.

Jon

I don't know why but all this guard stuff and areas and way it's default setup is quite different from most panels , the odd few I looked at were mostly setup so only had a few issues to deal with 

Like any panel have to learn it , but I don't like it's menu structure , but then I don't like hkc structure with numbers lol, I am used to galaxy menu selection by number where hkc and texe both more hassle to remember hence using software quicker

Sure I have said this before but there are two things with the Texecom menu structure that I think confuses people.

*The first is there are multiple ways to do the same thing or reach the same menu

*The menu structure has been consistent since pre EN, so many more features have been put into there respective menus they could be confusing to find.

IMO both of these things only affects the casual users, it's completely logical for someone that fits them regularly.

For example all the main menu options on the Premier do have a numbered shortcut and these have also been kept consistent over the years as above, you don't have to scroll around if you know these.

I rarely break out the laptop to program them, can program most of them quicker then I could boot a laptop up with Wintex.

11 hours ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

Sure I have said this before but there are two things with the Texecom menu structure that I think confuses people.

*The first is there are multiple ways to do the same thing or reach the same menu

*The menu structure has been consistent since pre EN, so many more features have been put into there respective menus they could be confusing to find.

IMO both of these things only affects the casual users, it's completely logical for someone that fits them regularly.

For example all the main menu options on the Premier do have a numbered shortcut and these have also been kept consistent over the years as above, you don't have to scroll around if you know these.

I rarely break out the laptop to program them, can program most of them quicker then I could boot a laptop up with Wintex.

So the plus is TSI has you 

Downside is wintex very poor software 

If you ever get a chance have look at hkc software I think it's best one much faster programming text and features through it ( although the app version is better just used for quick checks etc)

Unless DD you think the Eaton is my good?

Didn't rate any of the HKC stuff I am sure it's functional but to me it's not a flexible both on kit options and programming to the Premier.

I did a HKC course a few years back and fitted a couple software is nothing to rave about IMO.

I have less and less care for GUI in software like this as time goes on, give me a panel I can program from a terminal I'd be happy.

I would prefer browser based just from a open perspective not seen Eaton yet, I know the Texe software will work without Windows with the correct lead so no need to jump anywhere if this continues.

11 minutes ago, james.wilson said:

so europlex/siemans/vanderbilt

on that topic you using the new spc cloud?

No gave up on them when they started to want 300 quid a year plus had odd problems on a site where cloud worked intermittently for no obvious reason and Vanderbilt never really seemed interested. Shame as excellent product hardware wise. All SPC customers moved to Eaton now, luckily the one that had combined access changed their working practices around the same time to full time receptionist so didn't really need proper access just door open when unset in am...

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

4 minutes ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

Didn't rate any of the HKC stuff I am sure it's functional but to me it's not a flexible both on kit options and programming to the Premier.

I did a HKC course a few years back and fitted a couple software is nothing to rave about IMO.

I have less and less care for GUI in software like this as time goes on, give me a panel I can program from a terminal I'd be happy.

I would prefer browser based just from a open perspective not seen Eaton yet, I know the Texe software will work without Windows with the correct lead so no need to jump anywhere if this continues.

Kit options you mean what and how you buy?

Example of programming features?

3 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

Kit options you mean what and how you buy?

Example of programming features?

the prem is a powerhouse i never thought it, looked at it as an electrician panel but it is quite flexible

Other issues around power supplies and certain expanders but thats from a sw cost point. Currently Texecom are 3rd on the 'unfit for purpose' excuse

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

1 minute ago, james.wilson said:

the prem is a powerhouse i never thought it, looked at it as an electrician panel but it is quite flexible

Veritas electrician panel

Premier put in by electrician mostly not set up right 

Any panel can be put in wrong, different areas seem to have there own sparky panel of choice.

Kit options as in the panel is modular by design with an array of module options for every problem. The aesthetics of all the kit is far superior too.

Some of the things I remember are lack of:- wiring types, custom outputs, output types, users, log events and on the bigger panels Areas and Zones which is a niche use case but I have fitted 640's in the past.

1 hour ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

Any panel can be put in wrong, different areas seem to have there own sparky panel of choice.

Kit options as in the panel is modular by design with an array of module options for every problem. The aesthetics of all the kit is far superior too.

Some of the things I remember are lack of:- wiring types, custom outputs, output types, users, log events and on the bigger panels Areas and Zones which is a niche use case but I have fitted 640's in the past.

Yes agreed premier is closer to the dimension etc 

For domestic they are getting better , with newer keypads and contacts things will improve 

Hkc slow to introduce things but it's not a bad thing as it's not just thrown in desperation like orisec

I like the flush mounts on the texe tho