Security Installer Community

Need to swap a faulty alarm keypad

EECARE

• 1 month later...

Daft as it is this showed up in another search.

Must will  be loads of keypads not operating correctly, who would of thought a non serviced bit of kit would not work perfectly after 20 or so years.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Hi everyone one, and thank you for all you help.

to update you all I bought a keypad from eBay and turned up at the customers place with the keypad. I opened the existing keypad and noticed that the keypad I had was not the same one. Also the alarm went off.

so needed to think quick, I asked the client if he had son alcohol/spirits and he was helpful to give me a glass.

so with a clean cloth I used the alcohol to clean the existing keypad, this was all going on with the alarm sounding. Have it a good wet clean with the Alcohol. After I put the face plate back on and tried the keypad, it seemed ok to me, so called the client to enter the passcode in and horay it worked.

no question asked none answered.

customer was happy. 

what a result.

Easy Electrical 

On 25/04/2020 at 12:44, EECARE said:

Hi everyone one, and thank you for all you help.

to update you all I bought a keypad from eBay and turned up at the customers place with the keypad. I opened the existing keypad and noticed that the keypad I had was not the same one. Also the alarm went off.

so needed to think quick, I asked the client if he had son alcohol/spirits and he was helpful to give me a glass.

so with a clean cloth I used the alcohol to clean the existing keypad, this was all going on with the alarm sounding. Have it a good wet clean with the Alcohol. After I put the face plate back on and tried the keypad, it seemed ok to me, so called the client to enter the passcode in and horay it worked.

no question asked none answered.

customer was happy. 

what a result.

Easy Electrical 

How much you charge for that? Did it cover the keypad?