Security Installer Community

Samsung dvr SRD 1673D

bjj

Hi I have a Samsung 1673d dvr with a Galaxy 96 alarm system i have setup an intruder output from the galaxy to trigger the dvr which I have then selected 2 cams to email me with pics on alarm but for some reason is no longer sending any pics when in the dvr menu in mailing service it is all setup with my email address and server settings ok

but when i do an email test it comes up, Failed to test. Unknown Error.

everthing else works fin any suggestions please.

8 minutes ago, bjj said:

Hi I have a Samsung 1673d dvr with a Galaxy 96 alarm system i have setup an intruder output from the galaxy to trigger the dvr which I have then selected 2 cams to email me with pics on alarm but for some reason is no longer sending any pics when in the dvr menu in mailing service it is all setup with my email address and server settings ok

but when i do an email test it comes up, Failed to test. Unknown Error.

everthing else works fin any suggestions please.

You set router up ? What happens if you set router to dmz "temporarily" on that ip

Well the DVR is acting like an email client (so Outlook, Thunderbird etc) you don't (usually) need to mess with router settings for outbound traffic. You wouldn't port forward or DMZ a PC to send mail for example.

Therefore I imagine your email provider has somehow changed how they accept your DVR's messages, this could be a list of things your password or server is incorrect or some new 2FA feature or a security settings or spam settings blocking a type of client.

You'll have to break down the problem to find out where in the chain sending the email fails.

Generally I wouldn't ever bother with emails from CCTV as it's unreliable and easy to defeat, more hassle than it's worth for the effort IMO.

• Upvote 1

Samsung are a pain to setup email 

For general use email is good, i use some to report network loss etc 

Unlikely to be the email provider as you could use another DVR different make and it will always work , you probably have changed something and need to break it down as swb says 

Recently when O2 and others were working on there network ipolis was not working or sometimes other functions would not work because of how Samsung drs work , following day back to normal 

• Upvote 1

thanks for the reply I have setup virgin media account all working ok but on the dvr in the section mailing service use authentication when i put in password 9 digits it comes up with 12 digits i've tried rebooting dvr just entering b (first letter of password ) but still ends up with 12 stars in box any ideas.

thanks

If a Gmail account is used solely for m2m type stuff they can and do detect and block. I forget now but there is a workaround, i had to do it for my freepbx alerts.

It might rely on running a script though, easy enough on a pi, obvs not so much on a DVR!

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands