Security Installer Community

SW-1070 External Bell Not Sounding

7 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

Split entry is zero default , entry is 30 , perhaps he's put 30 also into split by mistake

On my system startup diagram,  split entry is 30 by default. I changed it to 0. I'll check later today if this rectified the problem.

25 minutes ago, Eugene's DIY Den said:

I thought reentering the value of 0 for the bell delay had made a difference but I double checked and it hadn't so I don't think there is corruption.

He's talking about entry, we moved on from bell delay

Ok, so setting spit entry time to zero solved the problem. Now there's no delay between internal sounder and external bell activating when the entry door is opened and code isn't entered before the entry delay times out. However I still have an issue with alarmed internal doors and PIRs not activating the alarm if the entry door is opened first and these sensors are activated before the entry delay times out. So for example I open an external door,  panel starts beeping, I don't enter the code and I open an alarmed internal door. The internal sounder activates, but not the outside bell. (didn't check if there's a delay before it actually does)

Are these zones walk through by default?

Edited by Eugene's DIY Den

22 minutes ago, Eugene's DIY Den said:

Ok, so setting spit entry time to zero solved the problem. Now there's no delay between internal sounder and external bell activating when the entry door is opened and code isn't entered before the entry delay times out. However I still have an issue with alarmed internal doors and PIRs not activating the alarm if the entry door is opened first and these sensors are activated before the entry delay times out. So for example I open an external door,  panel starts beeping, I don't enter the code and I open an alarmed internal door. The internal sounder activates, but not the outside bell. (didn't check if there's a delay before it actually does)

Are these zones walk through by default?

Marked as access , not sure if they would do what your saying tho, under menu zone options 

1 hour ago, al-yeti said:

Marked as access , not sure if they would do what your saying tho, under menu zone options 

Checked all the zone types. All "alarm" except a panic zone and entry/exit door zone.

Checked all the zone types. All "alarm" except a panic zone and entry/exit door zone. However the zone options are "inhibit". I thought this function on a zone was for allowing the panel to be armed even if the zone is active?

37 minutes ago, Eugene's DIY Den said:

Checked all the zone types. All "alarm" except a panic zone and entry/exit door zone. However the zone options are "inhibit". I thought this function on a zone was for allowing the panel to be armed even if the zone is active?

Zone options "access" 

Not talking about zone type

You would want to keep a PIR with access option as yes if it's in the entry route , but perhaps the door needs to be turned off , but I didn't think it would do what your describing but maybe

Zone options "access" 

Not talking about zone type

You would want to keep a PIR with access option as yes if it's in the entry route , but perhaps the door needs to be turned off , but I didn't think it would do what your describing but maybe

The door isn't in the entry route and I want it to trigger the alarm immediately when opened, so is inhibit the correct option? The other options are access, excl from part set A, excl from part set B, double knock, soak, chime, 24 hour, perimeter and remote test. 

Edited by Eugene's DIY Den

53 minutes ago, Eugene's DIY Den said:

The door isn't in the entry route and I want it to trigger the alarm immediately when opened, so is inhibit the correct option? The other options are access, excl from part set A, excl from part set B, double knock, soak, chime, 24 hour, perimeter and remote test. 

You read what I am saying lol?

Is the internal door set for access option in menu set to yes or no?

48 minutes ago, Eugene's DIY Den said:

Not sure what you mean. The zone type for the internal door is "alarm"  and  the zone option is "inhibit".

Ok but if you scroll through you will find chine , access, blah

1 hour ago, Eugene's DIY Den said:

Not sure what you mean. The zone type for the internal door is "alarm"  and  the zone option is "inhibit".

Is that you on your website? Thought you were some young dude , electronic hobby?

Is that you on your website? Thought you were some young dude , electronic hobby?

I thought I was a young dude too, lol! Are you interesting in joining the Facebook group?

1 hour ago, Eugene's DIY Den said:

I thought I was a young dude too, lol! Are you interesting in joining the Facebook group?

Nah , don't do social media , bit of WhatsApp and even groups hate me because I leave before being locked out 

TSI would kick me out but the fight over who wants to push the button is far to complicated better to leave me to natter

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Logan said:

Cool   i might have to try hkc

The panel I used is a pro version, I was lucky enough to get it from my electrical suppler. Apparently it's only supposed to be supplied to professional , not sure of the logic of this? Maybe they're afraid of reverse engineering?

5 minutes ago, Eugene's DIY Den said:

The panel I used is a pro version, I was lucky enough to get it from my electrical suppler. Apparently it's only supposed to be supplied to professional , not sure of the logic of this? Maybe they're afraid of reverse engineering?

The logic is its not a diy panel.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

6 minutes ago, james.wilson said:

or keep advising using Pyronix without much experience of other gear

But hkc is very good and is very stable 

I haven't had any false alarms since I installed mine last year. Previously I noticed that the old panel triggered when a mains plug was pulled out. Individual tampers probably also helps. The original tamper went all over the place, out to sheds and my workshop.