Security Installer Community

SW-1070 External Bell Not Sounding

I installed an internal sounder last year which works fine. However I recently discovered that my external sounder isn't working. When I do a bell and light test 0#9, it checks out ok. I can't remember whether I disabled the sounder when I was working on the panel last year, is there a setting in the menu which enables external bell, internal sounder or both? I can't seem to find it. The external bell timer is set to the default 15 minutes.

Edited by Eugene's DIY Den

1 hour ago, Eugene's DIY Den said:

I installed an internal sounder last year which works fine. However I recently discovered that my external sounder isn't working. When I do a bell and light test 0#9, it checks out ok. I can't remember whether I disabled the sounder when I was working on the panel last year, is there a setting in the menu which enables external bell, internal sounder or both? I can't seem to find it. The external bell timer is set to the default 15 minutes.

Did you set a bell delay?

• Upvote 1

I have been doing some insulation installation, so cables have been moved around a bit. However if a core broke, wouldn't I know about it? E.g a report of a tamper fault or the bell would sound due to loss of 12V, ground or trigger?

Hopefully if an internal sounder is installed, it doesn't disable the external one? That would be silly.

3 hours ago, Eugene's DIY Den said:

You need to look at how you have wired it all 

Is internal sound on int bell? 

External sound connections ?

What bell are you using ?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, al-yeti said:

You need to look at how you have wired it all 

Is internal sound on int bell? 

External sound connections ?

What bell are you using ?

External bell was working fine. It's an HKC SABB bell according to the installation leaflet, not sure if there's additional model number codes, will check.

Internal sounder is wireless, an HKC RF-Echo, what do you meam by "internal sound", the alarm sound?

Edited by Eugene's DIY Den

2 hours ago, james.wilson said:

Have you changed the programming of the bell output 

That's what I'm trying to find in the menu. Is there an option for internal sounder or external sounder or both enabled? I think possibly I disabled the external sounder and forgot to reenable it. I'll check the long form of the instsllation guide (working off the "system startup" menu diagram at the moment)

56 minutes ago, Eugene's DIY Den said:

That's what I'm trying to find in the menu. Is there an option for internal sounder or external sounder or both enabled? I think possibly I disabled the external sounder and forgot to reenable it. I'll check the long form of the instsllation guide (working off the "system startup" menu diagram at the moment)

No but jw means did you change the output for bell to do something else , or change its trigger so it will never trigger 

• Upvote 1