Security Installer Community

Texecom Hands On Help Needed

bowlingman

Its been 15 years + since I retired and I used fit and work on Gardtec and Honeywell Galaxy systems without trouble.

However my brain box must have really slowed more than I realised because the Texecom Elite panel, expander and kp I have purchased to replace an old set up has me pulling my hair out.

I have it operating on my bench only in a basic state I cannot find my way around the programming at all, I have the full installation manual.

Is their anyone who lives in or around the Leeds Bradford area who is familiar with the Elite and would be kind enough to assist me in setting it up on the bench, then I can install the system myself in my home.

It is to be a bells only system.

I will be very happy to reimburse them for time and trouble. 

Edited by bowlingman

TBF I found the Texecom a great panel, but, with so much progress, updates and extra features since it was first launched almost impossible to program without using a PC.

I can't imagine myself doing it from scratch using the keypad, too many cryptic 'stars underneath acronyms' to indicate options etc... At least the Eaton lets you scroll through

each feature as a Yes/No type option etc... Also even the basic ones could be progged via a browser page on your home network.

I don't live near you - I think you may struggle to find someone prepared to work with you in that way, although, good luck!

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

1 hour ago, bowlingman said:

Its been 15 years + since I retired and I used fit and work on Gardtec and Honeywell Galaxy systems without trouble.

However my brain box must have really slowed more than I realised because the Texecom Elite panel, expander and kp I have purchased to replace an old set up has me pulling my hair out.

I have it operating on my bench only in a basic state I cannot find my way around the programming at all, I have the full installation manual.

Is their anyone who lives in or around the Leeds Bradford area who is familiar with the Elite and would be kind enough to assist me in setting it up on the bench, then I can install the system myself in my home.

It is to be a bells only system.

I will be very happy to reimburse them for time and trouble. 

Perhaps list your problems here and they can answer a question at a time , swb and some others are good with texe so can give you accurate answers 

Thank you both for your comments, yesterday I have managed on my own to crack the system apart at the moment from one thing.

So following al-yeti suggestion here it is.

I have 16 zones all working as required in the full set A mode, the system allows for 2 separate areas which should be able to be set individually or together.

I req. zones 11 and 12 to be in the second area, so I can arm them on their own or arm them when req. with the rest in full set.

I have been unable to achieve so far, can anyone take me step by step to set this up.  

Zone Setup > Select Zone you want > Area    Clear the (Area) A and replace with B using 1 and 2 keys. Repeat

Areas may not be the best way to achieve what you want. Areas you should consider as separate self contained alarm systems controlled from one panel where as you may want part sets.

23 hours ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

Zone Setup > Select Zone you want > Area    Clear the (Area) A and replace with B using 1 and 2 keys. Repeat

Areas may not be the best way to achieve what you want. Areas you should consider as separate self contained alarm systems controlled from one panel where as you may want part sets.

I have tried the above programming  but it does not work.

When I try to arm the second area B all the system does is a quick audible squawk and returns to unarmed.   

43 minutes ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

Keypad and user needs permissions to arm those areas.

It's default setup to have separate keypads for separate areas.

Thank you for your reply, how do I programme the system to give me permissions to use one kp.

Thank you sixwheeledbeast I now have system working from one kp controlling the separate areas on separate codes.

I had to transfer the two zones being used for area B to the main panel as I could not  get it to function on the expander but all area A zones operate ok on the expander.

I still have the system on the bench now programmed ready to transplant into my property.

As a result I am able to arm it without of course leaving view of the kp, I observed after arming on full set the kp display toggles between system set  and time for a while before settling to just time, however on part set it toggles in a similar fashion but never stops is there an adjustment for this please.

25 minutes ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

If they are on the Expander then you have to also assign the expander to A and B in the same way too.

Not clear what you want to adjust RE banner message but it's part of the regs that the display doesn't show if an Area is armed

I understand the requirement of the regs. and the display conforms to this in full set and unset.

Its when I part set it that the display flashes from time to part set banner continually.

I have programmed the exp to both A and B like I did the keypad.

31 minutes ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

If they are on the Expander then you have to also assign the expander to A and B in the same way too.

Not clear what you want to adjust RE banner message but it's part of the regs that the display doesn't show if an Area is armed

Is there no exception if keypad cannot be seen at entry or a window and so on ?

Can't remember if disabling some EN50131 settings in Global can do it but it's designed to conform to EN50131 OOTB.

The part arm banner will display if part armed, signalling will be disabled on part set so will conform. You could clear it or make it the same as the normal banner message if you don't want it.

Thanks all for your comments its very much appreciated.

I have now installed and commissioned the system on my own it just took time to get the little gray cells into the programming.

As was suggested I have powered all aux. with a separate ps. 

Its a very good system I can certainly recommend the Texacom  Prem.