Security Installer Community

Texecom Elite Resistor Value Changing

bowlingman

I have purchased a new unit and before full install in my home I have connected it up on the bench to familiarise myself.

I have endstation one expander and one kp.

I have followed the manual and programmed the system linked all 16 zones with 4.7k resisters quit engineering and gone  back into standby mode  and all is well kp display normal.

However when I attempt to arm the display scrolls through the zones stating they are active and will not arm, turning all zones off the system it arms as it should, but even with just one zone on it will not arm.   

But in standby/unset mode everything is ok, disconnecting a zone resister causes a tamper as you would expect.

I am scratching my head can anyone advise please.

2.2k + 4.7k = zone active.

spacer.png

The alarm contacts are usually CLOSED.

You need only 2.2k resistors across each zone for closed zone testing purposes, however, this won't make it easy to test opening a zone. I would wire at least one proper contact in for a bench test.

It's better to buy contacts with such resistors built in, it's so much easier and they cost pennies.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Having  my silly mistake of wrong way round resistors pointed out so kindly earlier today can I ask another question of you please.

On page 32 of the installation manual it shows the default resistor wiring, on page 60 it lists under zone wiring alternate resister options I require option 5 to suit my existing detector circuits from my old Gardtec.

I cannot locate where in the programming this option is, its probably my old age again !!

Thanks in advance. 

I would simply change each detector to the default option of 2.2K in series with the tamper and 4.7K across the alarm contact.

That will pretty much future proof the system. It's worth the effort for the little time it will take.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands