Security Installer Community

power-cut alarm

Guest Stephen

Guest Stephen

Our OPTIMA alarm sounds whenever I turn off electricity to whole house (at main relay-box) - presumably a safety design feature. But surely it's possible to stop it going off. Same whether or not alarm is on or off when power cut.

Also, reverts to factory code when power restored. Is this faulty? :(:(

Thanks from Stephen.

Stephen, it sounds like your back-up battery has failed. Get your alarm serviced to check for any damage and the battery will be replaced for you aswell.

With a new battery, your alarm will not activate on a power cut.

:)

If you don't know......ask.

I agree with getting a proper service carried out, as I can recall of two optima's we've changed out in the last 12 months, whereby the charging circuits were cooked due to non regular mtce & flat batteries as the most likely cause of pulling them down.

If you post your location (town / city) someone on the forum may be near to you & can help you?

Chris Teague (Sales & Operations Manager) Sightguard Intruder Division

Covering the Isle of Wight: - Design, Installation, Maintenance & Takeover of Intruder Alarms, Fire Alarms & Equipment, CCTV, Access Control, Nursecall. Keyholding Service, Guarding & Cash in Transit. SSAIB & NICEIC Registered Tel 01983 884000 / 884440

Any comments / opinions posted could be the voices in my head speaking, but they are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company

I agree with getting a proper service carried out, as I can recall of two optima's we've changed out in the last 12 months, whereby the charging circuits were cooked due to non regular mtce & flat batteries as the most likely cause of pulling them down.

32333[/snapback]

I've done two in the last two weeks.... Coz it's just SO expensive to have the panels maintained...

Archived