Security Installer Community

Accenta Alarm in Lockout

Guest jimjim999

Guest jimjim999

Hi Everyone

Thanks to you all for your suggestions; alas I am a bit stuck once more!

....following my previous post about removing the suspect keypad from the system, I've now done that and the tamper was running as you need to open the keypad box of course to remove it.

Anway, I've got the suspect keypad out now, and I was going to put one of the known working ones in it's place to test if it was the keypad afterall....

...but the system is now I think in 'lock out' mode, with TA light showing on the other keypads, and the buttons don't beep when I press them....so if I did move a working pad to the suspect location, I wouldn't know how to get the system out of tamper mode to test it. :no:

Any ideas you guys? - it's an Accenta G3 box with Accenta keypads all round!

Many thanks again!

Pete

Those systems won't reset untill the tamper fault has cleared. Try linking out the Keypad Tamper Terminals in the main PCB while you're testing the keypads. (don't forget to close the panel lid tamper aswell)

post-2990-1101129684_thumb.jpg

If you don't know......ask.

Guest jimjim999
Those systems won't reset untill the tamper fault has cleared. Try linking out the Keypad Tamper Terminals in the main PCB while you're testing the keypads. (don't forget to close the panel lid tamper aswell)

32266[/snapback]

Thanks Brian; will it clear itself ok when I put a replacement keypad in ? Or will I have to do something once the new keypad is installed to reset it?

What's happening is that the new keypad doesn't come until tomorrow morning, and I have to give the suspect one to the courier when he brings the new one, which is why I removed it.... will it be ok to leave it like this overnight? :blink:

Many thanks

Pete

PS - I'm afraid to open the control panel now though, won't the alarm come on and stuff? if the keypads aren't working how will i turn it off?! yikes :!:

If you link out the tamper on the PCB, you can use one of your existing, working keypads at the faulty location. When you've completed the wiring and closed the panel lid, your code will reset the system.

Then you can see if the keypad still works. If it does, the keypad you just removed is faulty.

If that's the case, then put everything back together as you found it, remove the tamper link, close the lid and reset the system with your code. When your new keypad arrives, swap them over and reset with your code.

All should be well, then!

:)

IF YOU ARE WARY ABOUT OPENING THE PANEL, DON'T OPEN IT! THERE IS 240V MAINS VOLTAGE INSIDE.

Alternatively, when you remove the working keypad, twist the two wires together that were connected to the keypad tamper terminals.

WHEN REMOVING THE WORKING KEYPAD BE CAREFUL NOT TO SHORT THE WIRE CONNECTED TO 12V+ TO ANY OTHER WIRES AS THIS WILL BLOW A FUSE IN THE CONTROL PANEL.

If you are unsure of following any of the above advice, get a professional to come and check it for you. This is usually the best option!

:)

If you don't know......ask.

Guest jimjim999

Wow thanks Brian! I just twisted the white and green wires together at the suspect location and everything's come back to life! Great!

Thanks for the tips with the 12v and 0v bits - I made sure by sellotaping them apart!

I could now then move my working keypad across to the suspect location to check.... (I have another working keypad upstairs to reset the tamper!)....

...I'll let you know how it goes!

Archived