Security Installer Community

Gardtec repair or replace

bowlingman

I installed a Gartec 595 system some years ago its now developed a problem, to repair I require a replacement end panel pcb if possible.

If not I will replace system, it would be nice if I could use existing wiring etc so any recommends would be appreciated.

I require end panel with 8 zones, 3 remote zone interfaces/expanders 4 zones each, 2 remote lcd kp,

Thank you

It sounded and the kp display reads fuse/battery fault

The battery is only one month old, the inline fuse to the battery is ok as is the two pcb fuses

The voltage at the battery terminals with the battery disconnected is 6.6v

The voltage of battery is 11v

I suspect the power supply in the pcb may be to blame. 

Yes I was just wondering did the panel ruin the battery, or did a duff battery ruin the panel.

Either way spares are long gone for this obselete system.

I'm guessing the alarm otherwise still meets your needs.

Systems are much of a muchness now, so something like a Pyronix Euro mini, Texecom Premier, Eaton (Scantronic) 40H will be ideal.

Are the expanders all remote, or next to the panel? Two of the above systems can give you 2 zones on the keypad if that helps.

Also the Eaton comes with 10 zones on board plus free Cloud based self monitoring e.g. apple or android app.

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

4 hours ago, datadiffusion said:

Yes I was just wondering did the panel ruin the battery, or did a duff battery ruin the panel.

Either way spares are long gone for this obselete system.

I'm guessing the alarm otherwise still meets your needs.

Systems are much of a muchness now, so something like a Pyronix Euro mini, Texecom Premier, Eaton (Scantronic) 40H will be ideal.

Are the expanders all remote, or next to the panel? Two of the above systems can give you 2 zones on the keypad if that helps.

Also the Eaton comes with 10 zones on board plus free Cloud based self monitoring e.g. apple or android app.

two of the expanders are remote the third is adjacent to the panel.

one thing I forgot to mention in my original post my 595 allows me to split the system into three areas and set/unset them individually which is very useful although if necessary I could manage without. 

24 minutes ago, bowlingman said:

Its 18.5v

AC voltage in seems about right & you say you have disconnected the battery

Have you power cycled it? (may be worth powering it off for a short duration then powering it back up)

If all that fails then I suspect its a faulty PCB.

I would start with checking the voltage and charging current from the battery leads, followed by general other voltages.

11v is too low so you either have a duff or flat battery or the panel is dragging the battery flat.

Never been a fan of Risco stuff so if I found something was broken, I would be looking to replace. The keypad is unlikely to last much longer I'd imagine.

7 hours ago, MrHappy said:

It would appear gt600 is still in production, new endstations or even pcbs are still there to purchase

Ripping it all out is going be pricey...

Defo still in production....

I actually quote like the 595 & 600 (don't slate me too much lol)

Just now, datadiffusion said:

Blimey fair enough. I knew keypads were still going.

Years back I loved the 816 etc...

Probably a bit like everyone says they used to like Scanny ;)

Yes defo a scanny fan back in the day, 9600 was my favourite

• Like 1

Thank you all for your advice.

I have decided I am going to up date and thanks to datadiffusion suggestions I am considering a Texecom Premier Elite in polymer caa-0026

It allows 2 areas and that could work for me.

First I would like to study the installation manual so as to familiarise myself with the wiring etc req. how and where can I obtain one please.

Secondly where would I find the best supplier please.

8 minutes ago, bowlingman said:

First I would like to study the installation manual so as to familiarise myself with the wiring etc req. how and where can I obtain one please.

Secondly where would I find the best supplier please.

google....

are planning to run your 2 keypads, zone expanders, external sounder(s) & internal speaker all off the endstation ?

Mr? Veritas God

Yes however I now plan to use only one kp adjacent to endstation, only two expanders one at a cable distance around 10 meters and the other at around 15 meters.

Expander one will have two contacts and a dt on it, expander two will have two contacts.

The endstation and kp will have six movement detectors plus three contacts plus pa button.