Security Installer Community

ADEMCO ACCORD 8

Timmymeads

11 minutes ago, Timmymeads said:

Must be a logical explanation 

Logan I second that

1 hour ago, Timmymeads said:

It’s works fine for me - Why pay out when I have a functional alarm just with a few teething issues - Can anyone figure out? I must have done a master reset somehow although I didn’t ommit 5,6,7

You still running Windows 3.1?

It works although with teething issues 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Timmymeads said:

It’s works fine for me - 

Apart from it wont set, and therefore wont go off when there is a burglar, apart from that its just fine.

Have you tried linking out 5 6 and 7 ? If you have a multi meter then see if they are cc

• 3 weeks later...

I have to omit the zones each time to set the alarm by User code + 6 then press 5,6,7 * then press easy set #+1 then this set the alarm. It will set alarm off if the PIR is obstructed. But once I do this or open door and enter the code. I have to manually do this process again! Any support would be appreciative. 

On 23/02/2020 at 17:48, PeterJames said:

Have you tried linking out 5 6 and 7 ? If you have a multi meter then see if they are cc

18 minutes ago, Timmymeads said:

I have to omit the zones each time to set the alarm by User code + 6 then press 5,6,7 * then press easy set #+1 then this set the alarm. It will set alarm off if the PIR is obstructed. But once I do this or open door and enter the code. I have to manually do this process again! Any support would be appreciative. 

You try the above yet?

To be fair if you dont understand that much, its not a forum you need its an engineer.   Linking out a wire across each circuit in the panel, take the existing wires out. Before you open the panel isolate the mains electricity can kill

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Timmymeads said:

If I link out 5.6.7 zones then if I use easy set will it arm?

If it does then you know the problem is with the wiring if it doesnt the panel is probably knackered, tak a photo for ref before you start, remove existing wires because a short to tamper would also indicate open zone 

Hi Peter,

There was no wires originally in 5.6.7 so I linked them in. 

When I do a easy set it gives me a different sound like the one when I omitted the zones manually. It does 10 second count down and then it sets. I stayed in the house and walked to a detector and the main alarm sounded so think all should be fine. I’ll try the other detectors too

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Timmymeads said:

Hi Peter,

There was no wires originally in 5.6.7 so I linked them in. 

When I do a easy set it gives me a different sound like the one when I omitted the zones manually. It does 10 second count down and then it sets. I stayed in the house and walked to a detector and the main alarm sounded so think all should be fine. I’ll try the other detectors too

That makes more sense t sounds like they were originally switched off in the programing and some how you switched them on, linking them out is as good as deprogramming them 

• 3 weeks later...