Security Installer Community

GX Remote

16 minutes ago, Logan said:

Seems that @al-yetiand me found a panel we both like

It's interesting that Eaton don't seem to state what their app encryption actually is.  "Market Leading" and "Internally tested by their own experts" means nothing.   At least Honeywell's app states that it uses AES. It does also perform per session RSA key exchange too, but for some reason they don't mention that. The only thing that lets it down security wise is that there's no certificate, so the connection is susceptible to a man in the middle attack.

I know that Texecom hastily added AES, but they generate a fixed key and that's not good either.

Yeti, do you have more info as to the actual encryption used by Eaton ?  

1 hour ago, GalaxyGuy said:

It's interesting that Eaton don't seem to state what their app encryption actually is.  "Market Leading" and "Internally tested by their own experts" means nothing.   At least Honeywell's app states that it uses AES. It does also perform per session RSA key exchange too, but for some reason they don't mention that. The only thing that lets it down security wise is that there's no certificate, so the connection is susceptible to a man in the middle attack.

I know that Texecom hastily added AES, but they generate a fixed key and that's not good either.

Yeti, do you have more info as to the actual encryption used by Eaton ?  

Data fusion has that info

And I am 100% the Eaton man scantronic is reading this 

Latest V6 Eaton firmware is all about security, security, security, there must have been a major encryption change of some kind as all app users have to reregister, this has not happened with previous incremental updates.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

2 hours ago, Logan said:

Scantronic eaton security headquarters is a 5 minute walk from my house.  Should i show the manager this?

Yes show him it's all public 

But he probably already knows , unless his colleagues don't have a cess to trade? 

Is this trade or public thread?

If public Eaton need to sort themselves out , they could really give someone like texe a run for then money , they would even more to DIY and make more money 

9651 however is still being installed , I surprised they still make it or is it just millions of left overs?

Edited by al-yeti

18 hours ago, al-yeti said:

I might have gone Eaton scantronic if all devices were two way , to late tough

One way two way is there really that much difference.

one way change batteries approx every 2 years.

two way change batteries approx every 2 years.

:huh:

3 hours ago, Amps said:

One way two way is there really that much difference.

one way change batteries approx every 2 years.

two way change batteries approx every 2 years.

:huh:

Not if your making a quick buck and don't care I guess 

1 minute ago, Logan said:

Grade -3

It was a serious question 

As a house basher even I know the benefits of 2way security Vs 1way (but then I have electronics training background so have a grasp of how the tech works as opposed to those who just learn about alarms and connect wires, but I am learning still haha)

Probably better then get some training on products and Comms 

Just now, Amps said:

Like what?

Dude use Google man , probably best , your going in circles thinking perhaps DD or anyone else doesn't know the answer , but it doesn't work that way 

I try and find a link for a tavcom course for you ;)

15 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

Dude use Google man , probably best , your going in circles thinking perhaps DD or anyone else doesn't know the answer , but it doesn't work that way 

I try and find a link for a tavcom course for you ;)

You don’t know do you

• Downvote 1

You wouldn't normally need to open anything for outbound traffic. Not on a home router anyway and not port forwarding, as that's for routing incoming traffic. Ie. For the app connecting back to your panel when you're not on your home network.

Ensure the panel gateway address (your router internal IP address) and the panel netmask in the panel menu 56.4 are correct.

1 hour ago, SecureAlarms said:

I think the push notifications use Port 10000. That wont open on my sky router and sky have no answers.

Probably already reserved for something, you would have to look through the list of suggestions.

As above you would only need that for control when your not in, as most of the traffic should be going out

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

41 minutes ago, Nova-Security said:

Probably already reserved for something, you would have to look through the list of suggestions.

As above you would only need that for control when your not in, as most of the traffic should be going out

Thanks for your help