Security Installer Community

GX Remote

Ports are done and the app is connecting ok. I think its the app. I can set unset ok and the notifications show on the app just no alerts. The set up guide appears to show a different version of the app than the one downloaded. i'm guessing a possible update but no literature for it yet.

1 hour ago, GalaxyGuy said:

OP, let me know if you need help with SelfMon.uk   The 'panel settings' menu has a list of four or five settings required for panel menu 56. 

This may be an option i will look at. thanks.

4 hours ago, SecureAlarms said:

Ports are done and the app is connecting ok. I think its the app. I can set unset ok and the notifications show on the app just no alerts. The set up guide appears to show a different version of the app than the one downloaded. i'm guessing a possible update but no literature for it yet.

This may be an option i will look at. thanks.

No worries. I can take a look at the server side to determine the issue for you if you need help.   Although SelfMon costs £1 a month, it gives many options for filtering events and directing to different devices/people depending on the priority. It also checks that the internet path is up, testing receipt of an hourly test signal and sending alerts if it's missed. 

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Logan said:

£1 a month for 6 months 

Not sure what you are getting at ?  There is a minimum payment of £5 to create an account number due to PayPal minimum fees.  

If you are suggesting that it likely to go up in price after six months:  It has been £1 a month for the last 9 years and there are no plans for any price increases.

SelfMon runs on Amazon's EC2, RDS and a few other services. The services from Amazon cost hundreds of pounds each month, but based on my experience over the last 10 years, it's the most reliable platform, with better than 99.999% uptime! That's really important for security systems and although it would be cheaper to buy systems and run them, I could not provide the same resilience that AWS does.  

If you don't think that £1 is good value, SelfMon has processed 23,405,200 incoming events as of 11pm this evening. Those events were processed into 59,785,167 message queues for SMS, Voice, Push, Email and CURL.

24 minutes ago, GalaxyGuy said:

Not sure what you are getting at ?  There is a minimum payment of £5 to create an account number due to PayPal minimum fees.  

If you are suggesting that it likely to go up in price after six months:  It has been £1 a month for the last 9 years and there are no plans for any price increases.

SelfMon runs on Amazon's EC2, RDS and a few other services. The services from Amazon cost hundreds of pounds each month, but based on my experience over the last 10 years, it's the most reliable platform, with better than 99.999% uptime! That's really important for security systems and although it would be cheaper to buy systems and run them, I could not provide the same resilience that AWS does.  

If you don't think that £1 is good value, SelfMon has processed 23,405,200 incoming events as of 11pm this evening. Those events were processed into 59,785,167 message queues for SMS, Voice, Push, Email and CURL.

Logan is 13 or something dude , just for clarity (no offence Logan of course )

• Thanks 1

The app will generate an installer-only Account Number and Destination IP

Contact your Security Installer

Provide the generated Account Number and Destination IP
to your installer for programming into your Galaxy panel

Anyone know where the instructions for the green text can be found? i.e What manual or data sheet maybe.

1 hour ago, SecureAlarms said:

The app will generate an installer-only Account Number and Destination IP

Contact your Security Installer

Provide the generated Account Number and Destination IP
to your installer for programming into your Galaxy panel

Anyone know where the instructions for the green text can be found? i.e What manual or data sheet maybe.

They should be emailed to the email address you set up via the app. Just a server address, port number and account number.

• Upvote 1

On 03/02/2020 at 22:15, GalaxyGuy said:

They should be emailed to the email address you set up via the app. Just a server address, port number and account number.

Ah ok thanks. Not had anything emailed. I will try this again with another email account maybe.