Security Installer Community

Home alarm - DIY

Jono187

49 minutes ago, Jono187 said:

Looks like I currently have a Pyronix. Can my current panel be reprogrammed to send alerts to my mobile for any intruders without an engineer code? It sent alerts prev to my old phone number which I’ve now changed - what external alarm sounded would be best to add to my system?

You can add a dialer to any panel but you would need someone to default the engineer code and reprogram it.Find a decent company, invite three to quote, ask them if they are able to takeover and update what you have before you get them around for a survey. Choose the company you are most happy with not necessarily the cheapest. A service add sounder and GSM dialer would be around your budget 

• 4 weeks later...

Seems the speaker in my panel has given up, crackles if the alarm goes off - second time this has happened. First time it was replaced Under warranty. 

I’m using the attached panel, Anyone know the make and model? And where I can find a reasonably priced replacement? It’s hardwired in. Could a new replacement just replace it and the current sensors be programmed in?

5E764F5E-EDB7-4F7D-AF6F-92049C4DCA2F.jpeg

Leave the electricians for the electricity, get a local alarm company for the alarm. 

And get 3 quotes and go with the one you feel most comfortable with, they will specify kit they are familiar with. 

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

3 minutes ago, Jono187 said:

I won’t be using the company who installed the alarm, will be a qualified electrician installing the panel. What panel should I be getting? 

Something that mong sparky could fit ?

Optima....

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

Let the guys here know your area and maybe one of the guys could price it up whos local to you 

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

On 16/02/2020 at 22:04, Jono187 said:

I won’t be using the company who installed the alarm, will be a qualified electrician installing the panel. What panel should I be getting? 

You could also get a local installer independent house basher to do it , better than electrician, unless he always was an alarm fitter before going live

• Upvote 1