Security Installer Community

Replace outside alarm battery Odyssey 1E - Texecom

2 hours ago, John McLean said:

How to replace the battery for a Texecom, Odyssey 1E?, the existing one seems to be held in place - but how?

Jaymack

Replace cover while your at it if it doesn't clean up well , but as swb says , battery cheap to replace 

Chop that bad boy out and put a new battery in if your capable

Thanks for the help, it's difficult to see how the battery is fixed to the casing, when standing on a ladder 5 metres above the ground - 1 hand for me and the other for working. I'll use a screwdriver to prise it off since it appears to be simply stuck on and no help notice. What is worse, that not being left handed, the right hand is for holding on and the useless mitt is the left hand for working on. Why there is no space at the left hand side for ladder access ,is probably because it was installed by a left handed installer. :realmad: I now have replacements for both 9 year old batteries. These alarm boxes needn't be mounted so high, I think that 3m is high enough.  

Jaymack  

Edited by John McLean
Grammar

3 hours ago, John McLean said:

Thanks for the help, it's difficult to see how the battery is fixed to the casing, when standing on a ladder 5 metres above the ground - 1 hand for me and the other for working. I'll use a screwdriver to prise it off since it appears to be simply stuck on and no help notice. What is worse, that not being left handed, the right hand is for holding on and the useless mitt is the left hand for working on. Why there is no space at the left hand side for ladder access ,is probably because it was installed by a left handed installer. :realmad: I now have replacements for both 9 year old batteries. These alarm boxes needn't be mounted so high, I think that 3m is high enough.  

Jaymack  

Yes there are some right Muppets when installing bells

Then customers become Muppets aswell when they want it high like the Muppet neighbours 

External bell boxes mostly ignored when they gain access from rear and no internal sounder fitted ......