Security Installer Community

Windows 7 EOL date today

sixwheeledbeast

It is a big problem, we had several CCTV recorders running on XP, we still have albeit they are not connected to any networks. The same goes for win 7 machines we have a couple of systems that we cant upgrade to 10 because the hardware required to view the cameras doesnt work with W10. We have told the customers that they either need to upgrade all the cameras and the recorder, or go with an off-the-shelf hybrid recorder. 

Dad had an email from a friend of his asking if I knew anything about how they can 'install Norton antivirus or something' to make up for the end of support on Windows 7, which I guess must have popped up on the screen.

I guess like so many people they just don't get it. So I can see my next visit to see him will be interrupted by a 4 hour diversion to attempt to install Windows 10 on some crappy Celeron PC.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands