Security Installer Community

Replacing Home Alarm System

4 minutes ago, norman said:

I did have the heating linked to the alarm years ago but this overrides the frost protection so I dissed it and just use the nest jobby. 

I use RF lightwave you can more or less instruct it to do whatever you need using IFTTT Frost protection is never overridden 

3 minutes ago, PeterJames said:

I use RF lightwave you can more or less instruct it to do whatever you need using IFTTT Frost protection is never overridden 

I use ifttt but this was prior to it and pretty dumb really on the galaxy, just an octal relay wired to full set iirc. 

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

54 minutes ago, norman said:

I use ifttt but this was prior to it and pretty dumb really on the galaxy, just an octal relay wired to full set iirc. 

My last house I had lights curtains and heating connected to my G500, it used to open and close the curtains switch lights on and off and control the heating on a timer along witha separate digital temperature thermostat. You could do anything the the outputs combined with JK flipflop and a few erl timer relays. My remote app was Galaxy gold back then, I used to have to stop the car,  connect my lappy to my phone physically and log into my alarm in order to switch the heating on on the way home. 

7 minutes ago, Logan said:

I think the 9800 was kind of a dumb design using 2 7 segment displays like the 9100 from the late 80s.

Compared to the 9600 and 9500 that uses a lcd screen 

Still want a 9500 lol

The 9800 was cheaper, a lot of people think an alarm is an alarm ie all the same so buy the cheapest

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

12 minutes ago, Logan said:

I think the 9800 was kind of a dumb design using 2 7 segment displays like the 9100 from the late 80s.

the 9800 was in the market place in the late 1980's.... rkp, digi footprint, priner outputs...

30 odd years later-

41C6VLzcB-L._SX355_.jpg

this sort of tat still selling well.

• Upvote 1

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

17 hours ago, norman said:

I did have the heating linked to the alarm years ago but this overrides the frost protection so I dissed it and just use the nest jobby. 

We have that now using Nest, Fibaro, and IFFT, bit of a kludge but it works and is a one way path, there is no interaction with the alarm other than Norm style physical 'alarm is set' relay telling Fibaro home centre.

I'm not big on the blinds thing but for the main lounge (which also will suffer from too much sunlight in the summer anyway) I will have auto curtains on the french windows and auto roller blind the opposite end where the sun is worst.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

17 hours ago, norman said:

? You set it up wrong I would say 

Housebashers know better