Security Installer Community

PLANET CCTV alias System Q

C.S TEK.

I've ordered a few things from this supplier and always found the service very good, I also order the small black advanced vision cameras, which are good quality barring the bracket.

All in all though a 8/10 supplier for the budget gear.

Justin

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:D

8/10 is far too low.

Send me your full details and you will get our new catalogue out on Monday.

Regards,

Paul.

Better than LJD? I've fallen out with them today.

43540[/snapback]

System Q Ltd.

• 4 weeks later...

I have ordered many times from planet and find them excellent.

The "advanced vision" cube type camera is excellent and good for domestic applications.

I highly recommend there products and services.

-Alex.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi to all, several points to make!!

How nice to see Paul on here giving his piece!! I must say I have delt with System Q and on thw hole there're a good company, products do what they say on the tin and service is very good, a big thumbs up from me anyway.

Lurch, are you a spark or security engineer, is it really necessary to bitch at other members, I'm not just saying about this post but you seem to have a problem with most on here and always try and go one better, it was only a matter of time before someone spat. Nothing personal but think first!! :no: Your either like me and know everything about everything or you know everything about nothing.... some of your posts seem like your pretending to know hat your on about but not really having a clue. If you aint got nothing nice to say then don't say nothing at all!!!! :whistle:

I thought we were ment to be giving help on here..... :yes:

Right to answer the first guy, Sys Q are alright, use the better DVR's if price allows, but given the option I think you will find most customers will go for a DVR, no tapes to change or poor quality recordings off worn out tapes which haven't been replaced for ages. As for the evidence thing, you could either get a VCR & take the monitor output of the DVR to the input of a VCR if needed to be put on tape, we have a sapre VCR for this should our customers require it. Some better DVR's come with CD-RW or are networked so you can burn a disk of a pc that way. Hope this HELPS!!!! :roflmao:

Reagards!!!

CCTV Intruder Access Control

Tony Hughes, Proprietor,

TRADE MEMBER

• 8 months later...
Oh dear, here we go again......

a common misconception among a lot of people is the fact that anything digital is better.

Your not kidding. I am really miffed that after forking out good money on IDTVs over the past year, I've noticed picture quality is poorer. Such as the picture becoming pixelated at times and also updating slowly when the scene pans. Also with digital TV there seems to be no room for a bit of interference, anything such and the picture freezes or sound disapears for a second or so.

(Sorry for hijacking thread)

Also used to fit the small black system Q cameras that Dave mentioned. Very good I thought - in terms of reliability etc. A bit tight sometimes especially if the backplate wasn't perfectly flat. There must be loads of them out there wheer the fiddly screw in the middle has been replaced by a 1.5" screww straight through and into the wall.

Service Engineer

My opinions may not reflect those of my employer, managers, colleagues, customers, friends, family or pet rabbit.

Lurch, are you a spark or security engineer, is it really necessary to bitch at other members, I'm not just saying about this post but you seem to have a problem with most on here and always try and go one better, it was only a matter of time before someone spat. Nothing personal but think first!! :no: Your either like me and know everything about everything or you know everything about nothing.... some of your posts seem like your pretending to know hat your on about but not really having a clue. If you aint got nothing nice to say then don't say nothing at all!!!! :whistle:

Reagards!!!

snigger,snigger :gathering:

system Q cameras that Dave mentioned. Very good I thought - in terms of reliability etc. A bit tight sometimes especially if the backplate wasn't perfectly flat. There must be loads of them out there wheer the fiddly screw in the middle has been replaced by a 1.5" screww straight through and into the wall.

Ooops :shy: Guilty of that on more than one occasion, in fact after the 1st dozen or so I did that as standard (2" screw though), but I still screwed the backplate to the wall.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Archived