Security Installer Community

Can you add a third 9930 to a Scantronic 9651?

22 minutes ago, Steve 1968 Smith said:

Anybody able to advise?  We currently have 2 entry/exits with 9930s but have a 3rd entrance where we'd like to fit another keypad and create a 3rd entry/exit.  Is it possible?  And is there a way of doing this 3rd entry/exit without cabling back to the 9651?  Cheers, Steve

Well you still need to have a contact or PIR for entry exit so have to wire back , unless there's another detector nearby with spare pairs 

5 minutes ago, Steve 1968 Smith said:

Thanks for that - we've got 2 radio expanders fitted (all the PIRs are wireless) - can I link to spare channels wirelessly?

Now I confused how you got two wireless expanders on a 9651.....

Better wait for mr DD 

Either way if you have spare wireless channels then you can get a radio contact for the door aswell

I.assumingnyou actually have a 9571/2

I am guessing you have a 9752 or 9853 - is it a square main system case or an oblong one?

The 9930 keypad is obselete, but a 9941 or better yet 9943 if you want fob will do the same job.

You'll have to wire the keypad, of which you can have 4, back to the nearest other keypad, expander, or the panel.

The keypad only uses 4 wires so assuming it's all done in 6 or 8 core wire, you could use the spare, as long as

they aren't already in use, for the EOL door contact.

Or, as it's already a wireless system, add another wireless door contact? Even the newest Eaton slim RF door contact will work with an

older system.

(You could even add an expander if you are wiring to the nearest expander or keypad, but seems a lot for just one zone, and it would have to

be the larger 9853 system for there to be 'room' for it)

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Many thanks for your advice, and for al-yeti's.  The main system case is square.  You've been great, I think I've got enough info to give it a go!  Biggest faff is running the wire across the house.  Thanks again for your quick and insightful responses :)  Steve

56 minutes ago, datadiffusion said:

I am guessing you have a 9752 or 9853 - is it a square main system case or an oblong one?

The 9930 keypad is obselete, but a 9941 or better yet 9943 if you want fob will do the same job.

You'll have to wire the keypad, of which you can have 4, back to the nearest other keypad, expander, or the panel.

The keypad only uses 4 wires so assuming it's all done in 6 or 8 core wire, you could use the spare, as long as

Or, as it's already a wireless system, add another wireless door contact? Even the newest Eaton slim RF door contact will work with an

older system.

(You could even add an expander if you are wiring to the nearest expander or keypad, but seems a lot for just one zone, and it would have to

• 2 months later...
On 08/01/2020 at 08:51, datadiffusion said:

older system.

Many thanks @datadiffusion, finally got around to doing this on my 9752, fitting a 3rd keypad and a wired door contact as you suggested.  Your advice much appreciated :)

• Upvote 1