Security Installer Community

What is your choice of intruder panel and why?

Not really much to move to these days, bet any moving these days would be circular!

e.g. used to use Texe ten years ago, tried Pyronix, moved back to Texe, etc...

What made you ditch Risco, although it has a bad rep I guess it is technically stable, just a bit esoteric?

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

20 minutes ago, Hillbilly said:

I have been a Risco installer until the past year where we moved to Orisec.

just to see if any installers have moved and why to another panel?

Strange move lol

So more or less the same 

Tbh I have just applied for trade side and although been on here for the past 15 years just saw you need to make 5 posts lol.

Anyway  installed Risco for 18 years through my apprenticeship and the 350 to 800 panels were good hardwired kit.

The 595/600/601 kit were decent then Agility/ lightsys brought out.... don’t get me wrong they are decent panels but why make it so complicated for the users to use?

plus  the engineer programme is nonesense!

So the pyronix rep came round and I liked the enforcer. Have quite a few installed and  it’s a decent panel only for call outs to the bell tamper switch going faulty!

I wanted to use Texecom but they are 3rd party distribution up here so it’s Orisec and it’s the best manufacturers I’ve worked with.

No logon I think the castle panels were good. We stopped using them circa 2000 due to huge reliability issues but the theory of the panel was fantastic. There was so much to like about it but that was 20 years ago now. 

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

33 minutes ago, Hillbilly said:

I wanted to use Texecom but they are 3rd party distribution up here so it’s Orisec and it’s the best manufacturers I’ve worked with.

They've retweeted every orisec product ever fitted by everyone & their dog,

They've even retweeted your dog

Mr? Veritas God

It might be your favorite panel but if you had a 'proper' panel you may think differently. My issue is you advise people to get an x when all you know is x. Like I've said Imo spc is the most flexible panel I've worked with, gal 520 close, menvier 2500 was a powerhouse, big premiers are too. Windsors I liked but hard to program supporting over the phone, hkc has unbeatable wireless Imo etc etc. If all I knew about motorsport was lawnmowers racing I'd probably recommend husqvana as better than a Merc or a redbull.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

34 minutes ago, Logan said:

Menvier 2500 i like. (Its what our local alarm company used to install)  most of the panels you mention  require a computer to program the panel with a app like wintex for texecom premiere panels.  Im used to basic program using keypad panels 

the only thing which requires a pc on premier is the editing of the sia codes

Edited by MrHappy

Mr? Veritas God

8 hours ago, Logan said:

I think the enforcer can do access control as in the menus theres things like this

20200104_005646.jpg

Yes it could potentially do your shed door as swb says in so many words

10 hours ago, Logan said:

Spc requires PC

Most panels can programme through keypad , most basic in better ranges is the galaxy I think but then I never tried the spc 

Logan you should install maybe your orisec panels for a bit , is there one in shed yet?

TBF you'd REALLY struggle with a lot of SPC without the web browser or serial/USB PC interface, I remember trying to make a few comms changes via the keypad and giving up, getting the laptop out...

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands